SCOPE 5.1 64Bit Beta Issues Collection

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kwild

Re: SCOPE 5.1 64Bit Beta Issues Collection

Post by kwild »

Well,just start my DAW right now.At startup i got the scope popup that asks for the keyfile,i point to the keyfile that SC gives me some months ago and i got that :

Installation error or invalid activation key!
Cannot start the SCOPE application (E0001A)

Any clue?
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Same message here. 150 hours limit may have (re)expired or there was a limit date embedded in the drivers ?
Free party is over. :)
kwild

Post by kwild »

Well if free party is over i think that also my experience with scope is over...forever , after ten years.
Im working with an RME from months right now,scope cards are still in my system but useless coz that beta is nothing than a beta!
XTC mode,just for an example,have the same old problems you got with x32 version (that,is still a beta too!!!).
I don't wanna pay no more for a beta,that guys are totally out of business from my point of view.
kwild

Post by kwild »

Well,that guys at SC are a very strange form of life.
Now,maybe with a strange concept of "xmas gift" , are charging money for that crappy buggy beta!
The world is going really mad!
:-?
garyb

Post by garyb »

kwild, why do you think it's a threat to S|C if you stop using their products? as you said, you're only interested if it's free, and S|C MUST make money....

go ahead and get rid of your stuff. someone else will want it. :) no need to try and spoil someone else's party.
kwild

Post by kwild »

garyb wrote:kwild, why do you think it's a threat to S|C if you stop using their products? as you said, you're only interested if it's free, and S|C MUST make money....

go ahead and get rid of your stuff. someone else will want it. :) no need to try and spoil someone else's party.
Well,garyb,apart for the fact that in all your post you act like an SC lawyer,im not sayng that i don't wanna pay for an update,im sayng that i don't wanna pay for a never ending BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That piece of crap of Scope 5 is one of the most hilarious waporware never ending stories.
All the SC promises of SC are gone in the shit,lost in time,just take a look to the news letter the spread 1 or 2 years ago.
Furthermore i was an XTC user,well try to work with xtc mode and you'll see by yourself.Just for example,adding more than 2 automations crashes every DAW i've tryed (SONAR,CUBASE and some other that i don't remember).That bugs are still there from years,even in 4.5!
I know that your reply will be "I don't use XTC..." well,you're right and you're free to spend your money like you wanna,but i don't wanna use my Visa to buy crap pieces of shitting betas from a dead company.

Cheers.
garyb

Post by garyb »

the company is far from dead, i don't care if you think i'm a lawyer, and no one is forcing you to spend even one penny.

i don't have any problem with you, and i wish you the best and hope you get what you need, but i can't help but notice after many, many years that everytime things don't go the way you'd like you begin to curse and curse, but you're always back anyway...

no, i don't use xtc mode, i think it's pointless, but i understand that there are others who want/need it, or at least find it important. Scope 5 is very good for me, however. it's far, far from vaporware for me. i'm sorry that it's got you upset, but as alweays, i think you're pointing your rage in the wrong direction.
kwild

Post by kwild »

Gary u are a great person,and of course i have nothing against you,mate,really!
It's almost a year that i've stopped working with Scope,the boards are still in my system,but only for old projects,with my older xp partition and disabled under my main OS,win7 x64 that uses an RME hdspe card,2 uads and 1 powercore.
I really hope in a working xtc mode and,for that reason i've never sold my boards.I wait years,believing in SC bullshits...so,im a little bit disappointed on how things are going.
One year ago i've say that they will release the x64 beta on xmas 2010,here :

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28631

I was just joking but i have complete reason,but reality is worse than what i've supposed 1 year ago...also you must pay for that beta!