SCOPE 5.1 64Bit Beta Issues Collection

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

soylent.green

SCOPE 5.1 64Bit Beta Issues Collection

Post by soylent.green »

Hi guys,

may be we could start a thread here to collect issues of the current beta, though I hope that you don't have any...

My first issues
1.) SEVERE BUG: BSOD with Master Verb Pro
Description: Draging Master Verb Pro into the Routing pane results in immediate BSOD
Reproducible: Probably yes, got it two times now. Not willing to try any more...
Steps to Reproduce: Start Windows, Start Scope, Drag Master Verb Pro into Routing pane
[edit 28.08]: The BSOD Screen prints this error ID: "DIRVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

2.) PROBLEM: Timing Issue
Description: Timing seems instable when using Scope Synth, for instance Blue Synth, from sequencer. Haven't measured it to give proof, it's only my subjective perception.
Reproducible: May be, can't say
Steps to Reproduce: Start Cubase 5.5.1, Use Midi-Track with all 1/4, play in loop
[edit 29.08] Definitely there's a difference when having "Scope ASIO" instead of other ASIO driver configured in cubase. I've tried to fiddle around with settings, e.g. Multiprocessor in Cubase, ULLI in Scope, but with no result.

3.) PROBLEM: Eno Shimmer Effect doesn't work
Description: A Reverb->Delay->Pitchshifter Feedbackloop setup makes sound drop.
Reproducible: Can't say. Probably it isn't ment to work at all?
Steps to Reproduce: Setup: Mixer Send -> SC Ambience -> Delay -> Pitch-Shifter -> Mixer Channel. Sending the mixer channel, that was fed by the pitch shifter, again to the reverb to get a feedback loop. Sound drops when send level is somewhat over or near 90. Sound comes back when send is then set back to 0 for a while.
[edit 29.08] Using Master Verb (not PRO) instead of SC Ambience works.

4.) BUG: Miniscope and miniscope MKII GUI incomplete [new 29.08]
Description GUI of both Synths don't show background but only the control elements
Reproducible: Yes
Steps: Put synth into project, open main surface

5.) PROBLEM: Routing Cubase VSTi Instruments through Scope ASIO [new 29.08]
Description: Routing Halion or Monologue through ASIO1-32 Source 64 into STM 1632 produces irregular noise artefacts
Reproducible: Yes
Steps: Setup empty cubase project, add halion, select any instrument, play some notes. Route asio source directly into mixer and mixers output to analog destination

----
Setup (sorry only german)
Betriebsystemname Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Datum American Megatrends Inc. 0704, 12.11.2009
SMBIOS-Version 2.5
Installierter physikalischer Speicher (RAM) 6,00 GB

Scope: 2 x 6 DSP Pulsar 2, ULLI-Setting: 13ms @ 44.1KHz

Sequenzer: Cubase 5.5.1
Last edited by soylent.green on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
siriusbliss

Re: SCOPE 5.1 64Bit Beta Issues Collection

Post by siriusbliss »

Masterverb drop-in is OK here. Sounds awesome. I understand that SC was still doing some work on the reverbs, so there may be something going on there.

Timing issues seem to be OK as well. Everything locking in. Still testing things like MIDI clock and Arpeg02 as well as clocking into Samplitude and back out for tracking MIDI using Scope synths.

Main thing here is I am getting 'cannot add module Sync 1 to Message' error when I have ModIV loaded in a project.
Either that or there is still general DSP-to-DSP errors when 3rd party synths are loaded.

Also worth testing is when using the 1/4" jack on the front-face (guitar) - with a SC compressor on the insert of the incoming mixer channel - you have to crank the volume knob up a ways before the compressor kicks in. I have tried various compressors on the insert, and would expect that they would have softer (or more sensitive) ramp-up.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
soylent.green

Post by soylent.green »

soylent.green wrote:Hi guys,

may be we could start a thread here to collect issues of the current beta, though I hope that you don't have any...
Me is the only one which is having difficulties? Lucky you...

Update - Problem with random noise artefacts
I figured that it could possibly be irq-sharing problems: First look on system settings told me that my 2 pulsars were sharing irqs with other devices. I've switched of any system device that was not essentialy necessary in bios. as a result one pulsar card only shares an irq with an usb and the other has one of it's own. Nevertheless the random noise artefacts remained. It's a shame that my asus P6T Deluxe V2 Mobo doesn't support irq settings from bios setup...I've also tried to fiddle with scope settings, i.e. I've tried all different asio connectors and tweaked ulli settings, but with no success, yet.
Therefore I'm rather positive that there's some problem with the asio drivers.

Weired enough: Though sc said that wave drivers should not be used for the beta test...I've switched to cubase "Asio Direct X full Dupley driver" that is routing signals over a "Wave Source". The reult was pretty good, almost artefact free, but still some rare left. Okay one more left to go...After switching to Cubase "Generic Low Latency Driver" (routing to sc wave source) there's no noise left. Playback is without fault. This probably supports my hypothesis that asio stuff is still not yet ready. Could it be a (cubase + sc) / asio problem? Anyone else?
garyb

Post by garyb »

no.
btw-you should disable the usb controller that shares the irq in the device manager. you don't need it. also, why would you use the wav driver with cubase?
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

problems with asio. artifacts...clicks pops...nomatter what latancy.
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

no rewire
dante

Post by dante »

No rewire ? For what sequencer ? AFAIK Scope never had a rewire driver, I use Scope for mastering Record SSL mixes but I select 'Scope ASIO' in Record / Reason. Rewire goes from Record/Reason to Cubase, then from Cubase to Scope it's ASIO but I've never had the option of Record/Reason direct to Scope using Rewire.
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

no rewire for 64bit i guess...

anyway i will send soniccore an email about the pop crackle artifacts on asio...and i suppose they will fix it soon....
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

if i have only an asio source loaded(without the asio dest) then i can connect the asio source to STM2448 and listen without artifacts.

the problem occurs when i load the asio dest module. even if i do not connect it. just loaded in the routing window...it causes these glitches.
starcorp

Post by starcorp »

xite , expresscard, win764 hp, laptop "dell studio 1576".

computer freeze when xite is starting with windows, start projekt enabled.
computer freeze when xite is starting with windows, scope start disabled under system configuration and scope starting with dubble click on icon.
it works when xite will powered up after windows is starting.

xtc mode still testing.

regards jan
starcorp

Post by starcorp »

so, xite with xtc mode has still problems:
Attachments
pci-overflow.jpg
pci-overflow.jpg (19.07 KiB) Viewed 8341 times
vst-plugout-dsp-error.jpg
vst-plugout-dsp-error.jpg (31.37 KiB) Viewed 8341 times
dante

Post by dante »

ARCADIOS wrote:no rewire for 64bit i guess...
Where is it in 32 bit ?
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Glitches in asio. (no wave driver used)

It is encouraging nonetheless.
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

rewire.dll in system32..... i also have propellerhead rewire........ and other as well.
i will try i fresh install of some progs and i will inform back abour the issue
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Everything clean here. No crackles, low latency, and no LABs (using Samplitude) even on big projects. (Note that this is with Samplitude 32-bit with jbridge running Kontakt 4.1).

Loading big 3rd party synths or modular mixers eventually brings on DSP-to-DSP errors, but usually after assigning DSP's the problem resolves itself.

I believe the Ralf mentioned that XTC/VSTim andSTS samplers are not working yet (in latest 64-bit driver version).

Greg

p.s. I don't think there ever was a Rewire driver in Scope, and I think I read somewhere that Rewire doesn't support 64-bit anyways.
(another obvious question - why use Rewire at all when you have Scope routing capability?)
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

scope routing??? among asio applications?? it would have been great if we could load multiple asio applications. but only one can be loaded, son if you have a sequencer then if you want propelerhead reason to be loaded.. i think that rewire is the way to go... unless you are talking about wave drivers in scopes routing window
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

siriusbliss wrote:Everything clean here. No crackles, low latency, and no LABs (using Samplitude) even on big projects. (Note that this is with Samplitude 32-bit with jbridge running Kontakt 4.1).

Loading big 3rd party synths or modular mixers eventually brings on DSP-to-DSP errors, but usually after assigning DSP's the problem resolves itself.

I believe the Ralf mentioned that XTC/VSTim andSTS samplers are not working yet (in latest 64-bit driver version).

Greg

p.s. I don't think there ever was a Rewire driver in Scope, and I think I read somewhere that Rewire doesn't support 64-bit anyways.
(another obvious question - why use Rewire at all when you have Scope routing capability?)

have you loaded asio dest?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

ARCADIOS wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:Everything clean here. No crackles, low latency, and no LABs (using Samplitude) even on big projects. (Note that this is with Samplitude 32-bit with jbridge running Kontakt 4.1).

Greg

Yes, ASIO dest loaded, multiple mixers, etc. etc.
garyb

Post by garyb »

rewire has nothing to do with Scope.
Ume

Post by Ume »

siriusbliss wrote:
ARCADIOS wrote:

Greg

Yes, ASIO dest loaded, multiple mixers, etc. etc.

Please download Reaper and try.
I've got problems with reaper, don't know where the problem is....
Are you running Windows 7 64bit?