SCOPE 5.1 64Bit Beta Issues Collection

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

siriusbliss

Re: SCOPE 5.1 64Bit Beta Issues Collection

Post by siriusbliss »

Ume wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:
Please download Reaper and try.
I've got problems with reaper, don't know where the problem is....
Are you running Windows 7 64bit?
I've already tested Reaper.
Yes, I'm running W7 64 Ultimate.

What's your ULLI setting?
What's Reaper's buffer setting?

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Ume

Post by Ume »

siriusbliss wrote:
Ume wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:
Please download Reaper and try.
I've got problems with reaper, don't know where the problem is....
Are you running Windows 7 64bit?
I've already tested Reaper.
Yes, I'm running W7 64 Ultimate.

What's your ULLI setting?
What's Reaper's buffer setting?

Greg
ULLI 34ms
Buffer setting in Reaper - default - 1200 ms
dante

Post by dante »

ARCADIOS wrote:rewire.dll in system32..... i also have propellerhead rewire........ and other as well.
i will try i fresh install of some progs and i will inform back abour the issue
garyb wrote:rewire has nothing to do with Scope.
Correct GaryB, Scope has never had rewire drivers. Arcadios, you either work like this :

1) REASON ==> REWIRE ==> CUBASE ==> ASIO ==> SCOPE

or like this :

2) REASON ==> ASIO ==> SCOPE

AFAIK anyways.....

No prizes for guessing the ScopeRise 4 tutorial ....:)
soylent.green

Post by soylent.green »

Received driver update mail today. It's an update for asio drivers which also promises to solve the MasterVerbPro issue. Haven't tested any stuff yet, but I will give you an update soon.

Note.1: Please execute the update exe "SetupDriverScopePci64.exe" as Administrator (option in context menu, right mouse button...) otherwise you'll get an error.

Note.2: Guys, please keep this thread clean an neat. Things like rewire and discussions about other stuff that has never been in scope are supposed to be elsewhere.
This thread here is meant to be a issue collection for the pci 64 bit drivers. And probably you could follow some "best practice" in software testing, i.e. post your systems parameters - at least the most basic once - and "steps to reproduce" along with your issue description...I guess this would be rather helpfull for sonic core.

----
[Update 07.09.2010]
First Test showed that there are still noise Artefacts when routing from Cubase 5.5.1 over ASIO. This time the number of artefacts grew with lower ulli settings.
Last edited by soylent.green on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

downloaded and installed the new drivers 5.1 and replaced the asio files...i tested it and so far it works great!!

THANKS!!!! YEA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: SOOOOOOO HAPPYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64bits.................

..........................32bits was ok though. but.............. GOODBYE 32bit..............64bit is the PRESENT!!!!! YEA YEA YEA.

what about the 128bit drivers for scope.
i hope scope will have it already in their plans :lol: :lol: :lol:
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

Today i got an expiration of scope 5.1 message.

i shouldn't have scope running all day, because the key for 5.1 beta is for 150 hours.

BUT it works with scope 5.0 keyfile :) :) :)
at first when i imported it it gave me the "invalid key" message....but then all of a sudden i realized that scope 5.1 was loading.
and it still works fine.

i hope that it will remain this way till the official 5.1 release!!
kwild

Post by kwild »

I've try the beta with Cubase 5.5.1 and Sonar 8.5.3 (asio) and win 7 64Bit.
Well i got crackles nothing but crackles!At every ULLY settings i got only crackles just with a single audio track with a simple 44.1 Khz/16 bit .wav file!
Really scandalous.Furthermore i got no mail with updated drivers,i think i go back to my RME...a sadly good bye to Scope after 10 years.
That company is definitely dead.
Ume

Post by Ume »

:) :) :) :) :)

Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Working fine with the new drivers.

I'm running win 7 (64) and Reaper
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Kwild, don't give up. I've had the same troubles (crackles an pops in asio) but I then read Arcadios "yoohoo" message and applyed the asio fixe (on the ftp server). Not a single click in audio now !
Works perfect.
I erased my 32 bits partition yesterday.... :-)
Bravo SonicCore.
kwild

Post by kwild »

Thanx,mate...i've found the update on the ftp,i'll give it a try.
Anyway after 1 year of delay that (BETA!) release seems a little bit...poor!!
kwild

Post by kwild »

Update installed.Crackles seems gone.
PaulSh

Post by PaulSh »

I'm having an issue with Sonar and WASAPI. I skipped Vista and I've only had Win7 for a week now so I'm kind of new to it, but my understanding was that WASAPI is supposed to supersede the lower-level WDM/KS audio modes and still give reasonably low latency. When I use it I can't get Sonar to recognise the Pulsar 24-bit wave I/O's as 24-bit, it says they are 16-bit only. The WDM/KS setting works fine in 24-bits with sub-10ms latency so I guess I'll stick with that for now, but surely WASAPI ought to work at 24 bits. And if it did work, should I be using it or is it best to stick with WDM/KS?

Or...

Should I change the habits of a lifetime (well, 25+ years of using non-Steinberg software) and go to ASIO?

Core 2 4400 @ 2GHz
4GB Ram
Windows 7-64
Sonar 8.5.3-64 Studio
garyb

Post by garyb »

assuming that ASIO is working properly in the beta now, you should DEFINITELY use ASIO imo.

Sonar won't reccomend it, since the asio developer is Steinberg, Cakewalk's mortal enemy, but asio is the superior driver by far. for you, there won't be that much difference when you are working, once it's set up. all that said, whatever setup works for you is obviously fine.
PaulSh

Post by PaulSh »

OK, I'm now using today's 5.1 update with the new ASIO driver. Works fine with Sonar, the only downside being significantly higher CPU usage at the best ULLI setting than with WDM/KS. I may need to take that setting down a notch to give me a bit of headroom on projects with lots of DXi/VST stuff, but on the other hand, this would be a good excuse to finally get that quad core CPU I've been promising myself for ages :)

EDIT:

Well, I suppose it serves me right for listening to grungy stuff. When I put some sweet solo vocal projects on I realised that the audio was often glitching slightly, especially when I interacted with Sonar's user interface. I suppose that could be any number of things not really Scope 5.1 related, but it was still happening with the CPU usage under 10% so I'm back on WDM/KS now. It's running at <3ms latency with no glitches.

EDIT 2:

The issue was Sonar related. After checking lots of projects, I realised that only the ones using 32-bit VST effects were having problems, although even then sometimes they were fine and sometimes not. Presumably it's Sonar-64's "BitBridge", which hosts 32-bit VST effects in a separate server process, that is making extra buffering needed. A shame, really, as my only half-decent reverb is 32-bits. So, I'm still with WDM/KS for now with the buffer size turned up for these problem projects. I guess I'll give ASIO another try once 5.1 is out of beta, just to see though.
dynamixii

Post by dynamixii »

So far everything is stable under the new asio driver here too.

No crackles with ableton 8.1.5 + max
dawman

Post by dawman »

PaulSh wrote: A shame, really, as my only half-decent reverb is 32-bits. So, I'm still with WDM/KS for now with the buffer size turned up for these problem projects. I guess I'll give ASIO another try once 5.1 is out of beta, just to see though.
You should check out the Surround Room 5.1 Reverb.. Disable the surround channels and go with L/R and ER's can be disabled too unless it's a solo Piano, etc.
Which VSTi Reverb are you using..?
PaulSh

Post by PaulSh »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Which VSTi Reverb are you using..?
The Perfect Space convolution reverb that came with Sonar 7 Producer - apparently it's a cut-down version of Voxengo's Pristine Space. I was a bit short of cash when I upgraded to Sonar 8 so I just went for the Studio edition that doesn't have as many effects.
soylent.green

Post by soylent.green »

I've still problems with asio. Nobody can tell what's wrong with it. And there's no more vital sign of sonic core in the past tow weeks. what's going on? Is 64bits win7 to big a hurdle to take.…
soylent.green

Post by soylent.green »

soylent.green wrote:I've still problems with asio. Nobody can tell what's wrong with it. And there's no more vital sign of sonic core in the past tow weeks. what's going on? Is 64bits win7 to big a hurdle to take.…
Today I've installed the new 64Bit RC which should bring more improvements including enhanced ASIO-Drivers. Full of excitement I've checked it with my simple Cubase project (1 instrument track Halion Player...). It's still crackels and noises ;-(

But I've found out that noise artefacts are almost gone when setting processor affinity for cubae.exe and scope.exe to exactly the same *one* processor core. So I run now Cubase and Scope on one core and leave the other 3 for the idle process to have some fun...But though this setup improves the situation on the crackle side, yet they are not completly gone. Compared to a maximum of 2 -3 crackles per second before I now have 1 crackle in 30 seconds.

It seems there's some multicore problem with the asio drivers. Can anyone else confirm that (I mean that setting processor affinity reduces crackles)!

--- update ---
It's even true for lower ULLI settings. Switching to 7ms@44.1KHz shows some crackles but by fare less than without having setting processor affinity.

Hm, this is another very very interesting point:
1.) When switching scope.exe to run on core 1 and cubase to run on core 1 - By far the4 best setup, as described above
2.) Scope.exe on core 1, cubse on core 4 - Completly full of crackles, it's more than 5 or 6 per second
3.) Cubase on core 3 - Better than setting in 2.) but still lots of crackles
4.) Cubase on core 2 - It's like setup 1, probably even better, I'm not quite sure.
5.) Cubase on core 1 and 2 - Results like for setup 1

I'm puzzled...Does it depend on the core distance, distance in term of core number. Distance 3 from core 1 to core 4 gives the most terrible results...Any processor architecture gurus that are able to shed some light on this????
dynamixii

Post by dynamixii »

Did you try upping your latency settings? Usually the streaming samplers are really heavy hits to the system. lower your latency setting, switch back to multi core and report back.

Noller