TOPIC for first opinions (SFP 3.1)

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

Post by Neutron »

software you have keys for, I imported my keys file, (great idea cw btw) and let it install however it installed all the stuff I didn't have keys for as well. This makes xtc mode a drag.
you can manually delete the ones you do not have from your devices and vst folders, i still think its easier than registering them all manually

the midi "LEDs" on some devices dont work for me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: defex on 2002-05-08 21:10 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

By the way.. I just found out that the new pulsar mixer doesn't have internal aux effect slots.. or am I missing something?

Ooops, my bad. You can access the aux effect menu from master side of the mixer>options>Rtn. Page. Phewwweee, I almost turned pale right there!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-05-08 22:58 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

seems pretty good to me.dsp use seems to be improved.i can really load up now!i'm feeling this version to be more stable than the previous but it's hard to say because i have only a few hours to judge by.did a new mix of everlasting w/ too much stuff going on and no probs (old v3 project that i didn't redo w/ the new modules,instead i just added new devices).loaded a bunch of new and old devices, all worked.all in all i'm pretty happy.(i do expect to run into a few minor troubles that'll need a patch,this is some pretty intense software)
Fede

Post by Fede »

I don't see any big difference a part of redistributing devs and few fixes of unbelievable things (drivers related problems):

-what about seq remote?
-I don't like the new mixers stuff
-the livebar stays ALWAYS on top regardless of the button unpressed
-the graphics are still slooooooow
-White Screen Of Death grows like "Blob"
-internal managing of startup project with Hide/Show is a good idea and seems to represent the best improvement
-we gained arpeg01 that is quite useful :smile:

more impressions after more practicing...

Fede
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

StratoFede, don't run in "Classic" mode for now, a few glitches there (someone add the "classic mode" glitches to the bug thread...) Besides the graphic speed improvement is in the "standard" mode, use that if speed is important.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

So, for people who haven't installed yet .....

Is it worth it, or wait for 3.11 ?
darolek

Post by darolek »

Hi Spirit !
Look at "The SFP bug list" thread and decide :grin:
My opinion - SFP 3.1 is different than Pulsar 3.01b :wink: !
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

not too much of a merit in upgrading now I think. Much of it's the same anyway. Eeek? Darolek says it's different.. hmm, I didn't think there was a substantial difference in workflow/efficiency.

ya know, frankly, I'm wondering why "fusion" is so big.. I mean, yes it is the logical way to have a platform built of the same DSPs. So I wonder why didn't they do that in the first place? At the point of 3.01, everything was almost completely unified anyway.. like everybody could use the same bin code right? That's unified. Well, I guess there was a distinction between scope and Plusar/luna users, but it's just so wierd they were making different OS for different systems up 'till now. Or is this more of a political question? Or maybe the OS was completely different in ancient times when creamware stuff just started to come out. Any thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-05-09 11:54 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

<i>Or is this more of a political question? Or maybe the OS was completely different in ancient times when creamware stuff just started to come out. Any thoughts?</i>

Aliens?
Fede

Post by Fede »

Hey Sub, I only ran STANDARD mode, but after I don't know what(computer total reset?) it doesn't happen anymore...
Maybe tomorrow will?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StratoFede on 2002-05-09 15:28 ]</font>
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

i'm satisfied with sfp. i have some minor bugs but i'm sure that cw will fix soon as possible. :smile:

but, what i don't like generaly (and personaly).

- when i press "ctrl-s" in startup or default project, then sfp save work automaticly. i know that i can use "save as", but usualy programs don't save automaticly over default document?!

- when i close some project than startup project don't start automaticly as before. i know that i can choose "startup" but, anyway.

- i don't like what is "file, set & ?" placed on live bar.

i know! minor things but.... :roll:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Minor things, your correct :smile:

-> Ctrl-s: When I start making a song, first thing I do when I think the song is ever going to be saved: I save Project, Cubase song and reason song to one folder, if it gets more complicated I give different programs different subfolders. Then Ctrl-S is no more a problem, but a nice feature.

-You have no more start project, like in OS 3.01. If it automatically starts, like on boot, you get startup project. If you select it, from Start Menu, Desktop or other shortcut, you get your Default Project. Not a problem really, but one should realise it.
If you want to hide your Project, right click the SFP icon on Taskbar, and Hide :wink:

-> "File, set & ?" look very easy to me. They've simplified the menu's. ULLI is now under Scope Settings. The could put SampleRate there too. Beofre there might have been a reason to keep it split, cos it was avail separated from the rest of the settings in Tray mode.
About "?": Check "Manuals don't appear".

I hope I made some logic in there, as I can see CW's logic behind it all...

at0mic.
Valium

Post by Valium »

So far so good, only I had some minor trouble getting it to work maybe because I ran it first time on my overclocked tualeron 1200 @ 1600 but after uninstalling and reinstalling at stock speed everything seems fine ...
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

sometimes when i try to change number of voices for sts3000, some synth or modular i had some "we sorry message", then sfp crash?!

hm, this is not minor :sad:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Nope, quite serious bug that is. But CW made it possible to reload w/o reboot now, look at the bright side :/
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

On 2002-05-09 17:50, at0mic wrote:
But CW made it possible to reload w/o reboot now, look at the bright side :/
I was always able to load without reboot, just by switching from master to slave, and back to master...
dblbass

Post by dblbass »

Haven't managed succesful download here yet, after two tries. Reading this, I'm wondering if I should wait for 3.11.

New SFP environment aside, no one has reported any substantial changes/improvements to key devices like Mod and STS. Any thing there which could tempt us not-quite-so-early adopters to upgrade sooner rather than later?
garyb

Post by garyb »

better dsp handling/loading.faster gui.maybe even sounds better.
wayne

Post by wayne »

garyb is right :smile:
also, live bar seems to put everything in reach without having to traverse the lengh & breadth of the mousepad. I have upped my laziness in the right arm - have to work out alternative fitness regime :smile:
darolek

Post by darolek »

Have you seen changes in EQ section of new PulsarMixer (2448) ? There are 14 types of filter now (in 3.01 only 6 types)!
Here the list:
- Highcut 12/24/36/48 dB
- Lowcut 12/24/36/48 dB
- Highshelv
- Lowshelv
- Peak
- Notch
- Bandpass 2/4P
--
Excellent ! :grin: