Celeron 1.2 Ghz @ 1.6 GHz

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I got mine up to 1600 but i had to have the fan on "fast" and it is too noisy. ill make do with a whole 45 mhz less :smile:
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

The 1GHz and 1,1GHz Celerons both come in a Tualatin version and a non-Tualatin version.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
djody

Post by djody »

He valium i did i bought the same setup tusl2-c & celroen 1.2g, Could you explane to me what to do and how to do it to get mine to run at 1.6g
( for example you talked about 'the wire trick'??? what's that al about??)

Thanks already...

laterz
Valium

Post by Valium »

Well first of all I'd suggest go read asusboards.com and look for the threads on the celerons. But really be carefull what you do and how you do it because your chip could get damaged.

If there's something not clear just ask, and get yourself some DECENT cooling solution, cause you will defenitely need it.

BTW, there's a 50 % chance that your celeron won't hit 1600 that's depending on the chip.

Greetz
djody

Post by djody »

I have it running at fsb 125 vcore 1.475 @ 1.5gz burnin test leaves me with a temp of 42-43 C

But you wrote about fsb 125 lowers the pci bus capacity?? You can see i'm new to this...
If i set the cpu to 1200 the fsb is 100 ???
Could you explane what that mains...??

The wire trick i read is a hardware mod, that seems quite easy to do...

Defex did you do the wire trick aswel, cos i read that there are people that did it without,
even upto 1.85gz, but with some hightech watercooling system... whel i won't go there, but if it is possible without wire trick i would like that....

laterz

Stange things can happen... i was browsing with netscape and closed a few windows came back here tryed reloading this page .... And my monitor whent blank... mighty strange indeed.. i'm now back @ 1.2gz and now problem reloading... ????? Hmmm..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djody on 2002-04-18 06:51 ]</font>
Valium

Post by Valium »

Well I'll explain as simple as possible what the relation between cpu speed, fsb and multipliers are. Here it goes:

The intel celeron 1200 has a fixed built in multiplier setting of 12 and the default fsb is 100 so you got 12 x 100 = 1200 MHZ. Upping the fsb increases cpu speed but also increases the pci and agp bus speeds as they are determined by a difision of the fsb. the pci is normally at 33 mhz while agp isn't that important (most cards run at higher speeds). BUT your creamware cards run stable at 33 mhz or a little less. So by upping the fsb to 125 instead of pci 33 you get pci 42 mhz which is way to high to get stable. So the only option to get everything right is to up the fsb to 133 and then the mobo automaticaly changes the defision to 4 instead of 3 which gives the pci 33 mhz again.

You won't be able to get to fsb 133 without doing the wire trick and also getting some cooling in there. The strange things that are happening to you are due to one of the two following things :
- to hot running system
- too low vcore setting

you can try by upping the vcore to get everything stable (NOTE that this will also increase the temperature of your system) or by cooling everything down even more.

Good luck

P.S. that's my personal explaination, I'm sure there's even some things wrong with this but If you follow these guidelines everything should work fine (I'm no engineer so the technical stuff might be far more difficult than this)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valium on 2002-04-18 07:33 ]</font>
djody

Post by djody »

I've read at asusboards.com that the wire trick for the celeron tusl2-c is to connect the vid 1 to the vid 2.

But how did you do it did you put a lose wire in the socket of did you wrap it around the pins?

And what bios settings did you do. i guess you did it manually by setting fsb to 133:100:?? ( ?? i forgot the numbers... for both the freq. and the other...

Could you post your settings in here so that i have it right in my head first before doing it...

Thanks already....

Laterz
Valium

Post by Valium »

I used the wrapping of the two pins to do it. But you must have a really thing wire to do it and you must pay really good attention that the wire is not touching any other pin on the cpu or it might get fried.

In my bios the settings are now 133:133:133 but you can only do this if your ram allows 133 mhz but most of them do ... and now the fsb and the ram are working at 133 just like a real pIII would. the vcore is now 1.875.

Greetz
Valium

Post by Valium »

Vwola, specs sheet is online, finally. Had some trouble uploading to my webspace, Teleslut has fixed the problem and now it is online

http://users.pandora.be/valium/specs.htm

Greetz
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Nice setup Valium very nice work. Looks like you can do a little more tweaking on your RAM. You have quality RAM so that you can set it to CAS2 in the BIOS? Play with your RAM timings (and re-test stability after you do, of course), run the memory test at least twice for it to settle a bit or until it stabilizes...

But again, very nice work!
Valium

Post by Valium »

Well I tried tweaking the ram to cas2 but then the system became unstable ... so I'll leave like it is now, this will be my toy setup, if I wanna try something new, this will be setup I'll do it with, but for the serious work, my P4 2.4 is coming soon ...

Greetz