Gripes about Sequencer Software

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Post by braincell »

I want to have an instrument gradually slow down while the others stay the same tempo. I have to make wave files to do this. The midi implementation is so primitive in cubase and other programs. The master track is one time signature as well. You could change it but it displays as one.
hubird

Post by hubird »

I think this is quite normal Image
A major soft sequencer is something different than let's say a TB303 with a tempo controll knob!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2003-03-03 22:40 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I've had the same problem before.. I'm not sure if MIDI allows for different tempos for different tracks.
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

I've never tried to run 2 soft sequencers simultanously in sync (at least a start sync) but perhaps it is possible? I'm not sure... It would require a multiclient midi driver/utility I'm sure there are some free ones for Windows

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2003-03-04 03:06 ]</font>
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Doesn't the timelock in Cubase allow you to do this? I'm not near my music pc but I thought that you could timelock all your completed tracks (in midi) and then change the tempo on the mastertrack for the one that you want to slow down. I'm sure that I've done this in the distant past.
There's also the ability to change a track to half or double speed but this would be too drastic.
I'll check the timelocking out later.