strange things in modIII

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

sometimes I can't patch modules, but not because they don't fit together...when I delete one of these modules and load exactly the same again, it works.Example: FQ Out of Frequency Divider -> Frequency Multiplier ->Lfo FQ In results in a error message.When deleting and reloading the Lfo suddenly it works.
Or: FQ Div. -> Long Delay.If set to Ext. I can't hear anything of the delay sound.Again, after reloading LDelay it's good.
And another:In a patch with some Sample Oscs it "forgets" the corresponding samples(displaying:"loading >sample name<"), especially in big projects.If I load only this one modIII patch in an empty project it will be loaded correctly.Extremely annoying: the presets are gone in most cases (error message: the presets in the pres. list ... are only x% compatible, proceed anyway?)
Am I the only one with these kind of problems?Please tell me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roy thinnes on 2003-03-02 19:30 ]</font>
massusen

Post by massusen »

Hi,

No, you´re not the only one. I got my first today. Strange. I can´t understand what is wrong. Must be a bug.

M
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

it's a bug. Confirmed.
eliam

Post by eliam »

Most of my presets are doomed to oblivion... Rats!
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

When certain parameters in your preset stops responding (starts to "forget"), you just delete that module and replace it.
Then, you need to restart your presets from scratch because that file's gone corrupt. Its' a very annoying bug and there's nothing you can do about it I think.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I have a worse bug (in mod III). I can't see all the categories of modules (the tabs at the top). They are mailing me a CD version of 3.1C full. I hope that works.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

wow, that's kind of heavy..
stw

Post by stw »

BTW:
It's also very charming if not all patch cables are displayed in "S" mode. It's a lot of fun of tracing every module to find the one that's connected to the one you're working on. Especially on big patches with lot of modules and connections....yeah i really enjoy it :sad:
I slipped not only once into that prob if a connection could not be established simply because it was already.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I have that problem with not all the patch cables showing in the routing window I learned to pretend I can see them...

Well I got the CD but it did not install the modular III. I had to do it manually but everything is there now.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Well I spoke too soon. Now the registration module keeps going up and it says "registration succeed" then i press okay and the entire SFP bombs. It said to copy the string to the clipboard and send it to cw which I just did....

NEXT DAY:

Okay before you can use the modular III you have to register the Modular 2. That does not explain why the Modular III was not automatically installed when I loaded the allkeys file.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: braincell on 2003-04-08 23:08 ]</font>