I need a control surface for an hardware synth, please!

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Post by bosone »

Is there a developer who can help me?... please!!
i'm about to build (yes, build!) an hardware synth based on the ancient SID of the Commodore 64! (i will follow the project of thorsten klose, creator of the MIDIBOX at http://www.ucapps.de).
this synth is controlled via Control Change, and what i need is a Pulsar control surface with nearly 120 knobs divided in different pages
my request is: if i provide the graphic layout of the controller surface... can someone make me a device with all the knobs?? i don't want CC embedded!!! i'll program the CC of every knob with MIDI learn!! the device should only have midi in and midi out, and i should assign (like in any other pulsar device) CC to the knowb, being able to save the CC layout...
i hope that will not be so difficult o time consuming...
if requested, i can even pay some tenth euro... (i will send the money by snail mail...)

since the "SID project" is of public domain, this surface can be used by every pulsar user who will build the SID synth, and may appear on Thorsten Klose website (if you are interested in that!)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

How about creating some software which internally controls the values of the SFP enviroment instead of via midi.

If we can build a box which simply sends out a knob number and a +1 / -1 value then your controller knob would always be in the right position! The software could hold the presets.

Of course, the next step would be recording the movements in your software! And we'd have automation!

Am I just dreaming here or are we looking at a doable project ?

Regards,

Frans
303trancer

Post by 303trancer »

Hi Bosone,

Why don't you build the MIDIbox64E from ucapp as well? This would be an ideal combination with the SID station ( I'm planning to build them both). Thhe idea is to use the MIDIbox64E for controlling all my other Hardware synth AND the software synths :wink:
Believe me, tweaking all your synth/effect parameters with a mouse is s*#t!!! It will lead to RSI :sad:

Regards,
Carlo.
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

the drehbank with 64 knobs and 2 pages ( 128 cc) could do the job ....
http://www.doepfer.de/db_e.htm
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

:smile: yes drehbank has always helped me with things like this. i love it. however it is not cheap and hopefully there will be some midi outable atoms in next (free) DP so he can do what he wants from scope.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neutron on 2004-03-31 23:38 ]</font>
BingoTheClowno

Post by BingoTheClowno »