unprotected extremely basic synth available?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ernest@303.nu

Post by ernest@303.nu »

Through some friends of mine *with* Scope DP but *without* enough time at the moment (they're extremely busy running musical projects) I'm in a position to get started working with their DP! :smile:
Although the object-oriented view feels familiar I'm having dificulties creating even a basic synth (apparently doing stupid things that makes DP crash the - otherwise perfectly stable - system)
What I'm looking for is an extremely basic unprotected synth as a starting point, with just 1 key-tracking osc, adsr, 1 vcf and an adjustable midi channel... Of course I understand how the atoms should be connected, but for some reason I keep doing the wrong things....
I know I can try figure out these things myself, but my time using their DP is quite limited.
So :grin: ....... Anyone can help me please?
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

I really don't know but the Saturn is a good guess. It was made by the German magazine Keyboard when they were rewieving the Scope DP (more rewievs like that one, thank you).

It is the only one i can think off that might be unprotected.

And it is my favourite SFP synth as well...
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

In DP version 1.xx there are plenty of unprotected synths, including BlueSynth, Inferno and the MiniMoog's, but you should really start out with the "TinySynth" example. (It's very well explained in the manual.)
In /DP vers.3 there's a device called "empty synth" which has all the basics.

Kim.
ernest@303.nu

Post by ernest@303.nu »

O yeah, forgot to tell; I didn't read any manual yet :grin:

I'll see what 'empty synth' can do for me! And I hope I'll be able to import the synths you mentioned, but I doubt it as they're running DP v3....

thanks so far Kim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ernest@303.nu on 2002-11-29 19:33 ]</font>