multiple MIDI ports Logic-Pulsar

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dblbass

Post by dblbass »

I have two CW cards, and set MIDI ports to 2 in Properties page in dev mngr (XP) for each card. Pulsar lets me bring two Sequencer MIDI Source/Dest pairs into Pulsar window, no prob.

But Logic only sees the first Pulsar MIDI port. Can't find any settings in XP, Pulsar, of Logic which will solve this. shouldn't I be able to see two MDID ports to Pulsar in Logic?

Pulsar and Logic manuals haven't shed any light.
Zer

Post by Zer »

you have to create a new instrument in logic and to define it to your needs using either the add new track replace with new instrument function in the menu or palce a new environment.
dblbass

Post by dblbass »

Thnx, but I know that.

My problem is below that level. Logic doesn't display a second MIDI Pulsar port in the drop down for direct assignment in any instrument parameter window, nor in the port assignment drop down for virtual MIDI out ports I create in the environment.

It is as though windows XP is only exposing one Pulsar MIDI port to Logic. Shouldn't I be able to get more here?

Where to adjust settings? XP, Logic, or Pulsar?
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

Check your win.ini [logic] settings.
What version of Logic are you using ?

Kim.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kimgr on 2002-04-12 14:28 ]</font>
dblbass

Post by dblbass »

tkx alot Kimgr, that did the trick. I knew it was in there somewhere. :smile:

win.ini had lines for Pulsar_MIDI_Out_2 and Pulsar_MIDI_In_2, but both were set =0. I changed them to be the same as ..._1, and everything works now as it should.

thanks again

BTW I am currently using 4.8.1 LAP. 5.0 is "in the mail" according to my unreliable vendor. The above fix seems a bit clumsy. I would think Logic would expose this as a user setting, even it it requires a forced re-boot to be enabled. Does Logic 5.0 handle this better?

anyway, thanks