Can I use two Modular1 with the same settings in one project

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

helldriver

Post by helldriver »

I tried following out with Pulsar:
I used two patches of the modular 1 patch "she´s a sreamer" with the same preset and the same midi file from cubase (I used to tracks with same midifile but with different midi drivers(sequencer midi source/dest1 & 2). The reason why I tried this, was to reach a fat lead sound through detuning the oscillators.
But it didn´t function for me (maybe I did something wrong). The first synth in this set up functioned well but the second
didn´t function at all. Nevertheless the midi-information module of both patches showed exactly the same information (attack,knob adjustment,...) .
What´s going wrong?
Can i use only one specific patch?
If anybody of this forum has expierenced the
same, please help me to get a fat sound.
Thanks
Stefan
castol

Post by castol »

sure, you can use as many instances of the same patch as your dsp resources allow.

the sequencer midi source/destinations each support 16 midi channels all the time, so you can drive 16 different devices all recieving differnt midi data all from the same source module. i'm sure you know each midi device can be set to recieve on any one of these channels or all (omni). the channel is set on the midi in module.

having said this, the reason the second sequencer midi source probobly wasn't working for you is because it would need to be loaded prior to starting up cubase. i'm guessing you added the second midi source while you had cubase still running.

just restart cubase with the extra sequencer midi source loaded in pulsar, and it should be visible as another port you can use. not sure of the terminology, as i'm not a cubase user.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: castol on 2002-03-21 18:00 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

Cubase reserves the Midi Ports which are Active in SetupMME. You can select them, even when they're not loaded in Pulsar. SetupMME is the place for Cubase to manage Midi ports. SetupMME automatically adds new ports to it's list, after Cubase restart.

So ie. you assign 4 midi ports to Pulsar driver in DeviceManager, they will be enabled automatically in SetupMME. Unless you go there and disable them. It's then up to you (inspiration of the moment) if you want to use the SetupMME Enabled Midi Port and load them into Pulsar.

Helldriver, I slightly seem to remember that Pulsar2.04 couldn't put # devices on the same midi channel, I don't know weither that's device or OS related. If it's device related, then Mod1 needs to be on different midi channels or on 'omni'.

at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio