pci-bandwidth: using a eide- or scsi-pci-controller

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

milupin

Post by milupin »

hi folks...

again pci-bandwidth, you may say; but with the creamware hardware it is really a topic, so let´s go:

I had the problem with the PCI-Master-Overflow message, cause I now try to record 5 to 10 stereo-channels at once; everytime I do this, I get the above mentioned and well known error-message;

Someone in the forum told me to get rid of the promise pci-eide-harddisk-controller, which I did; all the 3 harddisks are now controlled by a ATA 66 Chip on the motherboard by CMD. I then tried again recording 6 stereo-channels at once, and again: PCI-Master-Overflow.

It is really annoying, I´m not doing music, I instead have to continue fighting with this machine 8--[.

Do you have any more ideas to this topic ? Where might be the problem ?

Please help...

thilowski
remixme

Post by remixme »

Take a look at this link for possible solutions to PCI overflows.
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=1&34

There are loads of things that could cause the problem, IRQ sharing, USB, ACPI (depending on OS). Any other PCI cards with high latency clock. AGP graphics cards.
I have found that anything that interupts the flow of data from the PCI bus all the way upto CPU and memory, can cause error msgs, most PCI overflow. So there are a lot of things to cover, all of which have been discussed elsewhere in PLanet Z, mainly in the problem solving section, where this post mainly belongs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: remixme on 2002-03-02 13:34 ]</font>
milupin

Post by milupin »

thanks remixme

the thread was really very informative; so now I will have to meditate over all the new things uff, ;-=