BIG PROBLEM WITH CUBASE AND PULSAR

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

Thanks for your help in advance.

I'm using Cubase 5.0R6. I have Pulsar3.1 installed. Everything works fine with no crashes. For this scenerio I'd like to work in XTC mode.

In Cubase I've set up multirecord. I've also set up 16 channels in the ASIO control panel so that I can record 16 channels and activated them all in the ASIO Input panel.

I've labeled each of the tracks 1-16 and have numbered them sequentially 1-16 as well.

Here's my problem:

When I activate four tracks for recording in the r column I can activate and make ready for recording those four tracks, however, when I get to track no. 5 and activate it, track no. 1 deactivates itself. In reality I need 16 to multi-track.

What do I do?

On occasion if I set up Cubase for 24 tracks and number some of them randomly (16, 12, 19, 21, 24, etc.) I can activate up to 8 but I'm not understanding the cause and effect relationship between the random track number and active recording channels. Has anyone any experience with this and what is the work around. I have another client and I don't want to be dopin with the track numbers to just work---I want it to work right.

Thanks.

Howard
Howard Salter Dot Com
Musician, Marine Corpsman, and Father
Milwaukee, WI USA
darolek

Post by darolek »

On 2002-02-20 03:07, ohmelas wrote:
Here's my problem:

When I activate four tracks for recording in the r column I can activate and make ready for recording those four tracks, however, when I get to track no. 5 and activate it, track no. 1 deactivates itself. In reality I need 16 to multi-track.
<FONT COLOR="DDCC44">
Hi !
You must set up input channels as well. Check them and set up correctly in the 'Inspector' window first (for an every audio track separately) - before record activating.
Good luck :smile:
</FONT>
horrn

Post by horrn »

hi,

and there could be one more reason. the first one is surely to enable the asioinputs in cubase, the second reason is you have to label in the mixerdialogue. you hopefully know this setting by holding <shift> while clicking with the left mouse on the inputsetting!???

greetings

t.