PULSAR2+LUNA2 Z-LinkA hardware not found

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

gort

Post by gort »

Hi,
I'm getting an A16ULTRA next week and I thought I'd start creating a new project that had all the I/Os in place ready for it.

I use my Pulsar/Luna combo to route all the signals in my studio so I use all the ADAT pairs (4, 2 sets on each card) and the SPDIF on each card as well.

Having problems with my setup (as above) running Pulsar 3.01 software. Every time I try to load the Z-LinkA Dest module I get an "Cannot find the corresponding hardware for Luna Z-Link A Dest !".

Oddly... after clicking OK on the error dialogue, the module loads and shows all the green input triangles.... the Z-Link A Source module loads without error. I have the additional Luna I/O board and the Z-Link B dest/source modules load without error.

If I try this with the Pulsar Z-LinkA module, I get a similar message but the module that loads is just the size of the title with no I/O triangles. My Pulsar card has no Z-Link I/O so this is what you would expect I guess.

Do I have a faulty Luna2 card?.....

Any one have any idea?

Thanks, GORT
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Creamware hardware quality control is excellent, so it is extremely doubtful it's a faulty piece of hardware.

More likely, it's the way you've installed it; did you have both cards in the machine, both with upgraded drivers, before you've installed the V3? If not, you can use the Device Manager System Properties, update the drivers to the drivers found inside V3.01 update. Reapply the V3.01 update over top (save your background/default projects just in case). Now the system should be aware of your cards and the I/Os, be sure you're using the I/O modules from the latest V3.01 as well. if you don't have the Zlink expansion for your Luna, are you really sure you'll be connecting your A16 Ultra to the Luna? Remember one Zlink is 8x8, so you'll need 2 zlinks to hook up your A16 ultra. Might want to use the Pulsar's ADATs instead anyway.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Remember unless you have the ADAT expansion plate for your Luna, you can only have ONE zlink module (source&dest) in a project.
Funktastico

Post by Funktastico »

That message should be gone once you've connected your A16U.

Toni L.
http://www.mp3.com/NativeAlien

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Funktastico on 2002-01-02 02:45 ]</font>