Poison crash

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Hi,

I encounter a new problem now with cubase/pulsar;

When i want to start cubase it says: "warning: VST plugin Poison crashed last tim it started".

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Every time i start cubase it gives this error.

Second how can i setup a pulsar synth in the pulsar project and how can i hear them in cubase. Just a simple setup please.

Thnx!

Acid :eek:
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Forget the problem with poison. I did an install of Cubase V5R6 and now it runs smoothly. I had V5R1 installed and problably that release didn't like poison very much.

btw this still leaves the other issue open. What is the best way to setup a pulsar synth in your project and how can I hear it in the cubase environment?
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

<i>btw this still leaves the other issue open. What is the best way to setup a pulsar synth in your project and how can I hear it in the cubase environment?</i>

I thought I explained this pretty well for you yesterday? http://planetz.ghostwheel.com/forums/vi ... &forum=1&4

Looks like you're making progress! :smile: I love watching people's faces light up when they finally grasp the power they just got their hands on, so...

First, make sure you're properly receiving midi inside the Pulsar environment: plug in the midi for the Pulsar synth, wire it's outputs to a mixer, wire the mixer's outputs to the Analog (or digital) outputs, and attach physical cables to your speakers (hopefully this isn't too vague and you get the idea).

You can be sure you're getting midi when the little orange "MIDI led" lights up on the virtual pulsar synths (most have these, if not, try the Midi Channel activity for free at http://www.earlyfirst.com)

Once you have sound working, you can record this by bussing or auxing the audio to ASIO Destination channels and enabling those channels for recording in ASIO inside cubase.

But you can run as many synths & devices 'realtime' like this, tracking them exactly like you would on a hardware module, until you run from DSP: only then do you even need to bother recording (probably via ASIO) to Cubase...
horrn

Post by horrn »

hi,

... one thing i thought about when you said, that you first have installed cubase then pulsar-maybe you fixed it anyway... --> don´t forget to set the audiosettings to asio-pulsar/scope ... vst should have been set at asio-multimedia when pulsar had been installed later! maybe only a suggestion if something´s not working properly... don´t know how deep you are dived into it ...

go ahead

:smile:

t.
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

I thought I explained this pretty well for you yesterday?
Yes, and I thank you for that and also for your patience.
Looks like you're making progress! :smile: I love watching people's faces light up when they finally grasp the power they just got their hands on, so...
This card KICKS!!! I solved most issues now. However I have three synths and at least one of them works fine with the pulsar synths (controlling them), however the other (jp8000) sends midi data to all midi channels of my patchbay. Guess that has to do with the JP8000.
First, make sure you're properly receiving midi inside the Pulsar environment: plug in the midi for the Pulsar synth, wire it's outputs to a mixer, wire the mixer's outputs to the Analog (or digital) outputs, and attach physical cables to your speakers (hopefully this isn't too vague and you get the idea).
That's clear.
You can be sure you're getting midi when the little orange "MIDI led" lights up on the virtual pulsar synths (most have these, if not, try the Midi Channel activity for free at http://www.earlyfirst.com)
I do see midi data coming in. However the issue with the Jp8000 is what I have to dig in to.
Once you have sound working, you can record this by bussing or auxing the audio to ASIO Destination channels and enabling those channels for recording in ASIO inside cubase.
That's also clear. However which (midi) channel do I have to select to hear the pulsar's synth in Cubase? Or do I have to do this by bussing them to the right output so I can hear it in the cubase mixer?
But you can run as many synths & devices 'realtime' like this, tracking them exactly like you would on a hardware module, until you run from DSP: only then do you even need to bother recording (probably via ASIO) to Cubase...
To connect multiple synths I just have to connect them to the Midi source module? How can I play them back. Do I have to assign each synth with a different midi channel and do I have to assign each synth from the big mixer to different busses? Then route them to Asio dest? Perhaps idiot questions, but just want to be sure :smile:

Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

On 2001-11-02 00:02, horrn wrote:
hi,

... one thing i thought about when you said, that you first have installed cubase then pulsar-maybe you fixed it anyway... --> don´t forget to set the audiosettings to asio-pulsar/scope ... vst should have been set at asio-multimedia when pulsar had been installed later! maybe only a suggestion if something´s not working properly... don´t know how deep you are dived into it ...
I set everything quite carefully up in Cubase. This also includes the asio driver. What I don't understand is that if I want to open the control panel (under asio drop down box) nothing happens. It doesn't open the control panel. Now i know that I can open it in the pulsar project window, however changing it from this window makes life a little easier.