Solaris At It's Best

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Solaris At It's Best

Post by dawman »

Here's your daily bread. Very talented programmer makes Solaris digital emphasis really stand out.
I would love if a German speaking person here would translate this. I use PayPal and my word's been good around here.
I want to hear his details as I have a feeling he is giving some excellent details I wish to try and comprehend.
Name your price.
The sounds are beautiful.

http://synthesizer.at/synthesizer/Solaris/solaris.htm

Ankyu
petal

Re: Solaris At It's Best

Post by petal »

Google translate?

€100 ;)
dawman

Post by dawman »

It sucks booty.
Knowing Google they'll send the NSA info on me conversing with people in Israel, China, Germany and Kuwait and think I am worth wire tapping...

But word has it that someone at JB forum is going to do it, and hopefully we'll even get the presets as they are so perfectly German. Especially the Comb and Tube Filter work.
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser will give a low down I'm sure.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Or his brother Mich Elobe.......

Ankyu
Micha

Post by Micha »

hmm, cannot find anything like tips&tricks in this review. He's complaining about not too useful presets and that you MUST make your own ones. No synth for preset users. The main article is about whats inside and the routing possibilities.
We know that, isn't it? So sorry, no point to find that I thought wow cool that must be translated.
The guy seems pretty cool, can read english manuals, so I think it's probably worth a try to contact him directly. He writes he still has the Solaris in his living room, not like the other boxes he normally, after testing out, puts into the studio, for storage. Seems he's still tweaking and fiddeling... thus, interesting minus point: the need to buy flowers for the wife to excuse the Solaris infected mental absence. Extra costs, thus minus.
cheers!
Micha
garyb

Post by garyb »

any wife who needs flowers instead of bringing a beverage for you and rubbing your shoulders needs more training....she should get busy cooking something good. you'll be hungry after doing all that work.
Micha

Post by Micha »

How true, Gary. But unfortunately somehow they have a different point of view. Mine is same. C'est la vie...
Anyway, I informed him and asked him to join in, if he likes.
And ...psst... maybe share some tweaks?...
Yes, many of these sounds should become part of the official preset list.
IMHO.
Micha
Micha

Post by Micha »

Here the answer from Robert and some interesting very good news:

i have to admit the solaris is indeed a cool synthesizer and brings a lot of fun.
the people in your forum still got the main point of my experince. a fantastic instrument with amazing expression possibilities. unfortunatly the most presets dont use a lot of this expression. im with john bowen in contact about it. he is a very nice and kind men, so he is open for feedback. i think the solaris shouldnt get in challenge with other synthesizers on market, because he is so unique that its better focus the solaris benefits which makes him so unique. no keyboarder will use the solaris as one synth solution. the people who buy this will usualy have other synthesizers surround them. what i wanna express. in my opinion the solaris shouldnt focus so much of immitation of other synthesizer (PCM or analog) with bass, brass or even crazy piano sounds. especialy the wavetable and the vektorpossibilities makes this synthesizer so expressfull. and in the presets i missed this a little bit. but on other hand this circumstances forced me to start programming own sounds. and exactly this is the good point on it. for rookies it will not be easy to get fats satisfied sounds, but people who have some experince can have soooo much fun. its defintly the synthesizer catched me since long time, and i agree the solaris is defintily the synth of the time now... just as short feedback about

please can you give me some time about join your group, i got also other invitation to comment on some forums, but right now is summer and i prefer sitting on byciclcing and join the sun then to sit in front of computer;). hehe. but your friends are welcome to contatc me if there are concrete questions about. im sorry i didnt wrote the report in english. but for me its easiet to express in my native language, especialy with some humor inside the words i never could transfer it in that sensitive way into another language. but google translation gives you the main point of my words, and add some funny mistakes too ;) hope you dont mind i join your group later...

thanks again for writing, hope we keep in contact
greetings from vienna
robert
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

So maybe if Solaris is a sound designers dream, maybe it's good a lot of the presets can be used as starting points. But a good idea to expand with some more wow presets.