Modular III Psytrance bass

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

naraku

Modular III Psytrance bass

Post by naraku »

Hi Guys,

I'm completely new to the Scope comunity since I've only recently got hold of a Pulsar 2, which I'm very impressed with.

I've heard good things about the Modular III stuff and wondered if anyone here could point me in the direction of any good Psytrance synth bass generators?

Thanks in advance :)
Andy_F

Re: Modular III Psytrance bass

Post by Andy_F »

You have a great selection of oscillator modules in Mod3 already but also search for some of the high quality free modules posted on here..
Hifiboom supersaw oscillator and low pass filter (the red one) are a must have.
I also really like Shroomz megamulti osc and tube filter.

There are whole packages of extra modules such as Adern Flexor and the excellent free CWModular but for now i'd recommend learning mostly the basics.

This tutorial should get you started for a simple mono bass patch
http://www.cwmodular.org/html/tut01basicmono.html

Then you can start to add extra oscillators, change filters or add modulators/extra filters etc
naraku

Post by naraku »

Ah thanks man!

Will check those out. :) At the moment I use VST's like CronoX, but I want something better...
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Check out the Modular Patches here:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewforum.php?f=15

Particularly look at patches by JLS. Other patches may use FleXor which is an additional third party purchase (Adern) so you won't be able to use them. FleXor is worth buying though, and if you're into Modulars then Mod IV from Sonic|Core is also a must.

To keep track of all the free modules and patches visit Ben Walker's great Modular Corner.

Free modules for Modular can be found here along with many other free devices. Roy Thinnes' modules can be found there or on his site cwmodular.