v3 kills Sonar in 98se

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hairbrain

Post by hairbrain »

Hi,

This is a post to inform those who are curently using Sonar within the 98se environment, for whatever reason, that Pulsar v3 can, as in my case, totally ruin stuff. So much so that Sonar cannot even see any soundcard to profile.

On the good side... everything is sweet in 2k and WDM works ok with Sonar (not so hot on the latency front but good enough).

So, as I use GigaStudio and this does not currently support 2k, I am unfortunately forced to go back to 2.05 for the time being.

If anyone knows any different I'd be very interested in how you got things to work.

Thanks,

HairBrain
kwild

Post by kwild »

Hi...
I use SOnar XL 1.02 and version 3.0 works well for me!
I don't know if are using WDM drivers coz in the AUDIO SETUP of sonar i don't see nothing about wdm drivers.
Last day i make and hybrid,im using the 3.0 drivers with the 2.04a version of pulsar.
Seems the latency is managed better than the old drivers.In the past sonar at latency's of 14 ms. don't starts to play,now starts with a lots of tracks.
See ya!
hairbrain

Post by hairbrain »

Bingo!! After some problem solving at the weekend I've been able to solve the mess which installing the v3 software caused.

The solution, as usual, proved to be very simple..... upgrade Sonar to the latest fix on the cakewalk site.

The only strangeness which I'm experiencing now is that the pulsar synths output fine through the mixer but, when I come to record passages to wav, its way too loud for the wav inputs. So, at this point I have to turn down the pulsar synths really low.... do the recording... and then after the recorded wav will play at the volume the synth was at before..... weird!!?