XTC Mode - questions

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

XTC Mode - questions

Post by krizrox »

For the 1st time ever, I decided to check out the XTC mode in Scope. Never used it before so forgive my ignorance. Using the latest version of Scope 5.

I did a reinstall of Scope and established the VST path where all my normal VST plug-ins are located. Enabled VST integration in Scope. When I tried to load one of Scope's plug-ins as a VST device, I got an error message saying something to the effect that the VST effect could not be created. The plug-ins show up as being available within my DAW (Samplitude).

I guess I'm asking for help to explain exactly how this works. Is there some other installation thing I possibly missed? Or what exactly do you need to do to make this work?
garyb

Re: XTC Mode - questions

Post by garyb »

is Scope closed? (it should be)

did you see the xtc setup thread?
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Well, the only thing I saw during installation was where the existing VST directory is located. Did I miss something during installation? Other than providing the correct path for the VST folder, I saw nothing else related to that during installation. But - Scope has to be shut down for this to work? Maybe that's where the confusion lies.

Is it my understanding that I can switch back and forth between normal mode and XTC mode without any problem? Or when you install Scope is only one way or the other?
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, you can switch. there is a project for xtc which you may need to modify and Scope must be CLOSED in order to use xtc mode.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Ahh - ok. This may be the reason I never used XTC in the past. It's just been so long since I looked at it I had forgetten.

If I close Scope down then I no longer have access to anything that had been loaded into the project window (mixer, ASIO channels, etc). I need at least the 2496 mixer and access to it during a recording session. But it sounds like that's not possible if Scope is closed down right?
Janni

Post by Janni »

maybe this thread helps:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27592
If I remember right, you can edit your xtc-project and add mixers (in fact, your whole 'normal' setup).
But they have to be renamed to .mdl (so the mixer is saved within the project)
and you have to keep the mixer surface open before saving the project...
But I haven't used XTC for ages (only played around). Maybe someone can confirm?
-/-
garyb

Post by garyb »

unless it's really paramount for you to work exclusively in the sequencer, i don't see an advantage to xtc mode for you.
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

Check here:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21703

Quite out of date now but it might give some answers

cheers
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Thanks for the input guys!. Most helpful. XTC mode is not for me. But it sure would be nice to be able to run in normal mode and XTC mode at the same time. I wonder why that's not possible? Or is it - just requires programming time?
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Another dumb question related to this. I have a Scope board and an XTC card in my system. The XTC card is currently being used as an SRB board. Just extra DSP.

Is it possible to run the XTC card as a standalone board (in XTC mode) along with Scope running in normal mode? What I'm trying to get at is can I have my cake and eat it too? I suppose not but I thought I'd ask.
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, i don't think so.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

perhaps some day.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3