FB5-X-Beta test - Build 12 ( for regusers)

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

FB5-X-Beta test - Build 12 ( for regusers)

Post by spacef »

FB5-X - Build 12 in user area
======================

Major Fixes:
==========
- preset restoring issues for inserts and "insert load state" as well as other parts of the device. Preset list should now import fully presets from the scope version.

- multi-timbral assignments; the ability to assign a second midi channel to the insert slots (to use 119 additional midi-CC on their own midi channels for inserted fx and with parameter feedback on both channels independantly) is fixed on the Scope version and should also be working on Xite

- The message "Empty Preset list not found" does not appear anymore on loading the device or recalling project.

Changes
=======

- Removed "Mod-to-CC" section as better external modules exist (CC2x2,CC8,CC5, CC-Switch....)
- Removed insert slot of the Rec Channel

============================
Hi,
There is a test device for Xite users with a Valve Mixer activation key.
FB5 for xite.
Mainly focusses on changing some scope routing into ones compatible with xite.
Totally experimental. fully backward compatible.
Can't test myself, but it would help a lot if you could test and mail me back your findings.
Thanks for the help.
Mehdi

see latest downloads on the front page http://www.spacef-devices.com/userarea/
Last edited by spacef on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
RP_001

Re: FB5-X-Beta test for regusers

Post by RP_001 »

Too bad ive only got the fp series, otherwise i would be glad to help :)
Good to see there's some 3rd party development/optimizations for xite going on!

thanks Mehdi!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

That's very generous of you - especially considering that you're developing 'in the blind'.

<now if I could just remember my login :lol: >

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's what I see so far...............SUCCESS...!!!!
I no longer think I will have to worry about the external effects/AUX, 1 DSP chip concerns.
This loads by default already spanned. So trying to assign it to a single DSP isn't neceassary as long as it works and keeps spanning w/o interuption.
It asked for an optimization just once in the very beginning when I loaded Flu-Liq. That sucker takes up half of a new chip all by itself, but @ 44.1/96k that device is so georgeous and unique, I cannot play a Rhodes w/o it. Too many people ask what effect I am using so I know I am not the only one who hears it.
Anyway, speaking of effects.
For those of you who think this is insane to load every slot, I shall explain why it is crucial for some of us.
Insert Load presets click off/on the blue LED's so all effects remain loaded and no waiting is needed, I cried to Mehdi about how Scope mixers are not for live use. They don't have the type of MIDI control a perfromer needs, and the AUX's where I like to mix live from are mono to stereo or something as the effects sound like mono conversions. But to each his own.
The FB5-X is an XITE-1 mixer now for sure.
It chews up DSP's but what it is suppose to do is handle over 200 parameters live and assist live perfromers. In this respect, it has no equal.
I suppose this means the other mixers will act similar........?
Awesome.
I cannot find a single flaw anywhere. I tried every insert TAPE I/O's also, everything is flawless. Now I know where you have been, I was needlessley worried.
untitled.JPG
dawman

Post by dawman »

FWIW, These blue LED's can be totally MIDI CC controlled.
I usually have the PrgmCh message for the Sample or synth attached to an Insert Load combination. I can have no effects or any combination I choose, and no typical VST waiting either. I can't perform live w/o these type of features.
Back before Scope when I had a rather large hardware rig, I used a hardware sequencer to do these chores, and never had the combinations of effect and routings Scope offers.
VST is definately starting to move forward but sadly the synths and samplers just keep getting bigger and bigger and take longer to load.
Good thing I have Scope. I could load a VST preset and start a different tune and come back once it's loaded, but I stopped using hardware samplers because of the FDD's so going a step backwards doesn't make much sense.
And thanks to SpaceF, I can stay current and perform instead of struggling and waiting for load times...that is so '90's-ish.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

looks awesome.

Good design planning on pre-integrating the inserts.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wait till the FP series get this.
They already work fine as is, the MB4-II, FP's and MixSat.
V82 and FB5-X were just a little too big........and now they're way too big...in a good way. :D
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

8 stereo channels?

hmmm......

Greg
katano

Post by katano »

No, 8 mono and 5 stereo...

i would need to load 4 of them for one of my standard mixing projects. and i can not even handle my recorded drum with one mixer, as it's recorded with 12-15 mics...

however, looks great, i'll keep that one in mind for sure...
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi there,
Thanks Jimmy, that's great news.. so quick...
It's the test version 004 yes ?
About using it in production: I haven't checked all the presets but it should be fine (mainly, aux parameters, not the inserts but the other aux parameters like bleed-over, levels...but normally all should be fine (i kind of remember doing my "homework" on that mixer, so it should be probelmless).

Anyway, the FP mixers will benefit from this directly... and soon, but I will probably work on LBH-X1 today as it is close to being useable on xite too :-) (but well, judging "close" when you are in the dark can reserve some surprises :-)...

See you later !
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

All your vavles! are belong on Xite!!!!

Will test tonight/tomorrow :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

vavles 8)
katano

Post by katano »

waffles? 8)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

yeah! If you touch your Xite in the right way it will produce waffels. This mixer should help.
there are a few bugs in the waffle algorithm atom but medhi should fix those soon.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's what I have always liked w/SpaceF Mixers.
I use the reverbs externally, and yes I have to use 3 x STM Verbs, there just aren't others that are so incredibly reminiscient of my Lexicons ( R.I.P. ).
But On Ambience I can get a great warm Hall, and then send that signal to the 3rd AUX where the incredible STW CHours/Delay awaits. This is the finest Chorus I have ever heard or used in a DAW as well. These 3 devices were worth the asking price of Vrs. 5.0 IMHO.
I use the verb, then the chorus goes through Celmos Tape Sim all in a single AUX. The Tape Sim is doing a vintage Tape Reverb that blends well w/the STM.
Then........The FAT-II at 175%. And the 3LFO device pans the left to right and also the Cutoff Frequency of my external SE-1 Analog MonoSynth. The rate could be seperate from the Pan but I like sending the same signal/rate to both.
Sure is nice to have this FAT BASTARD back in a project window.
It will take weeks to program the lost Insert Load Presets, but I prefer work outs instead of conveniences, and it'll teach me to store things just in case I ever need them again... :)
01-091212_1135.mp3
untitled.JPG
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

OK! So I discovered the key-transfers for FB5 & V82 did not work! *sigh*! Still "stuck" with MB4-II atm!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Francis My, Brotha',
Do you know if you have Medyx 08 or 09?
spacef

Post by spacef »

FB5-X - Build 12 in user area
======================

Major Fixes:
==========
- preset restoring issues for inserts and "insert load state" as well as other parts of the device. Preset list should now import fully presets from the scope version.

- multi-timbral assignments; the ability to assign a second midi channel to the insert slots (to use 119 additional midi-CC on their own midi channels for inserted fx and with parameter feedback on both channels independantly) is fixed on the Scope version and should also be working on Xite

- The message "Empty Preset list not found" does not appear anymore on loading the device or recalling project.

Changes
======

- Removed "Mod-to-CC" section as better external modules exist (CC2x2,CC8,CC5, CC-Switch....)
- Removed insert slot of the Rec Channel, because not necessary (spectrometers/oscilloscopes etc should be loaded externally).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Re: FB5-X-Beta test - Build 12 ( for regusers)

Post by dawman »

You had better share your secret of massive inserts with S|C and other developers.
Do you have an XITE-1 now..??
This is insane..........not once did it ask for optimizing.
And just look at all of the bih plugs I am using.
I wasn't cutting you any slack...I tried to get the optimize window it is absent........nadda.............history.. :o

There is nothing else in the project except for the B2003.
The B2003 takes around 2 large on the DSP Sync counts.
This mixer keeps spanning and spanning.
I will post a jpeg of when it finally asks for an optimization.
I knew all of the hiding out you were doing was for a reason.
You need to call the other devs and hook 'em up.
Here's what I got so far.
I shall return w/ another jpeg. in a few.
Sorry about the jpeg being big.
But the FB5 is a FAT BASTARD and a small jpeg does no justice.
dawman

Re: FB5-X-Beta test - Build 12 ( for regusers)

Post by dawman »

Didn't take but a few more plugs. I should have kept going.
This is just opto number one.
6 full chips before it gagged..............a new record.................ANkyu.
Now I shall go give the FB5 an unmerciful beating and see if it acts likes Peyton Manning or Brett Favre.