Upon installing v5: Hardware version 16 detected

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Stubbe

Upon installing v5: Hardware version 16 detected

Post by Stubbe »

Ok, here is a funny one:

Installed V5 when I got the keyfile (fast, thanks!) tried it first on my general purpose OS (runs a multiple boot setup) just not to mess up anything, just in case. Went through installation procedure, C++, driver, everything went as planned, restarted, got an error message saying

Hardware version 16 detected. This hardware requires a software update. Please consult the installation guide.

When i clicked OK to that, it then said

Could not get access to the Creamware hardware!

Clicked OK to that too, and was met with the key registration window, which I went through with no problems.

Opened the Scope window and set up my usual startup project, had a look around and liked it, saved it and found that no sound was coming out on the analogue output from Windows. Restarted just to see if it was anything permanent.

No sound, went to check up on the drivers and found that only one card (I have 3, 1 4-DSP with I/O, 2 6-DSP) was running version 5, the others (the 6-DSP's) were on the old drivers. Updated manually, both went for it, rebooted and was greeted with the above messages again, but now sound works normally, at least towards windows (just got iTunes and general purpose stuff like that on this OS)

Had a look in the installation guide, but can find no reference to this error, or any troubleshooting for that matter. It's no big deal since it seems to be working, and admittedly it can be anything from a slightly botched installation, antivirus to any of the other stuff i got installed in here that is causing this. Also, it can be that my cards are version 16 (whatever that means) and needs to be updated, has anyone seen something like his?

Running XP SP3, 4 GB RAM, dualcore 6600 2,4 GHz, 3 HDD's of varying sizes, have been running this stuff since version 1.3a :)

Cheers guys
Stubbe
Fluxpod

Re: Upon installing v5: Hardware version 16 detected

Post by Fluxpod »

The new driver has been installed?Seen this window?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I'm not sure..but it might only work for 6 DSP cards???

Or..is there a software/flash to one of the other cards that is needed???

S|C is still not back up yet...yet... :wink:

Sounds like Ralf will be the answer for that one :)
Joel
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

I have a very mixed setup and it updated all 3 cards aka 14dsp-6dsp-4dsp.I guess it updates the driver in general but i can only guess:P
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Fluxpod wrote:The new driver has been installed?Seen this window?
Yep, it appeared, did its thing, showing me that it found both versions of my cards, can't remember if it said exactly as yours ("Sonic Core Scope" and "Sonic Core Pulsar 2") but I think it did.

No big deal, stuff seems to work despite the startup issue, will wait a few days and see if it continues to work before trying to install it on my DAW OS.

Thanks for the quick input guys, this forum rocks!

Cheers
Stubbe
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Stubbe wrote:
Fluxpod wrote:The new driver has been installed?Seen this window?
Yep, it appeared, did its thing, showing me that it found both versions of my cards, can't remember if it said exactly as yours ("Sonic Core Scope" and "Sonic Core Pulsar 2") but I think it did.

No big deal, stuff seems to work despite the startup issue, will wait a few days and see if it continues to work before trying to install it on my DAW OS.

Thanks for the quick input guys, this forum rocks!

Cheers
Stubbe
Its not my pic tho i just found it in another thread.Maybe install it over again.I killed my v5 install by doing...stupid stuff and a reinstall left all files i put into it aka flexor n stuff in it and just replaced the app.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i just got this same error this morning. Yesterday was fine. When i was using it yesterday Scope didn't autoboot on computer start - i had to start it manually. Everything was fine. Didn't change any settings, but now when i turn on my computer Scope autoboots and now i get the hardware error message. Why has it suddenly decided to autoboot? Very odd behaviour.
musikrolf

Post by musikrolf »

I got the same problem until i disabled the start of the old Spove 4.5 in the msconfig environment.

Hope this helps.
Rolf
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

the startup error is probably caused by the old version still autostarting.

you can try the following: start "regedit" and go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and delete the old sfp.exe entry...

(or use msconfig or regcleaner etc.)
fidox

Post by fidox »

sherlock wrote:the startup error is probably caused by the old version still autostarting.

you can try the following: start "regedit" and go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and delete the old sfp.exe entry...

(or use msconfig or regcleaner etc.)

that's what i did first thing when un-installing scope 4.5.

my procedure - WinXP -
-un-install 4.5 software, run msconfig, uncheck old sfp.exe, without restart, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder delete sfp.exe and then restart, install new scope 5 software

matej
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Guys, I owe you one, you ROCK - a short trip to regedit took out the apparent fighting with 4.5, no more messages on startup :P

The expertise and kindness on this forum is the best - and speed is top notch too!

Enjoy your weekend, guys!

Cheers
Stubbe
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i shall try this when i get home from work. i'm sure it'll be fine. Cheers for the tip.
YedOrium

Post by YedOrium »

:cry: Hi, STS 5000 steel not working "unregistered device detected" even if I load it directly...
(sorry for my bad english :P )
Yed
okantah

Post by okantah »

Scope v5 installations.
install drivers first,even if 3dsp cards,make sure drivers are installed for all the 3 cards.after the v5 installation the v4 will not function no longer.
finally if you choose to use again v4,one does not need to install the whole of the scope v4,just remove the SonicCore.v5 folders and then remove drivers from the device manager,ready to install the v4 drivers,ONLY THE DRIVERS that's it.
cheers
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Sherlock, your fix worked, cheers :D.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

mee too...all I need are keys now :wink:
Joel