Sorry about this.

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

stebzilla

Sorry about this.

Post by stebzilla »

Well, I just wanted to ask. You guys can bash me in a minute.

Is there anybody else out there that is disappointed about the way SonicCore is handling this?
I'm one of those guys that bought a Creamware Pulsar 2 card when OS X support was announced (the 1st time) - we know how that went.

All this hype is great, but why no up to date information about what is happening?

I'm ready to dump all my Creamware/SonicCore stuff and start fresh. No Flexor!? WTF.

I'm glad I bought a Synthesizers.com Modular system. (wow!)

It works and is supported and no hassle - and I rock.

Along with NI Reaktor and Kontakt what's the point in waiting and wanting and waiting and wanting and waiting and wanting and waiting some more?

Bring the bashing comments on! I'm just dissapointed about how SonicCore has handled the 'hype' on the front end. Lots of talk and little progress. Lots of tease and no action. Just like Creamware. let it die - or let it live.

I'm still holding my breath and hope to see Scope 5 come out today! :) :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :D
Mr Arkadin

Re: Sorry about this.

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i wouldn't wait another month more - sell your system now (preferbaly cheap and to me).
astroman

Post by astroman »

here's the link to my 'favourite' Micro$oft page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383750.aspx
it's the documentation for their programming APIs
I (currently) only have to deal with the bottom topic 'Win32 and COM developement'
just browse it - even without understanding a word - to get at least a little bit of understanding how complex these items are.
you may as well choose the .NET chapter and for sure you will find a similiar page about Apple's Darwin etc.
in short words it means that you may have to deal with about 5 to 10k pages of documentation, and all that stuff is (more or less) in constant movement...

It's already a severe decision for a company to decide about any support at all (that's what SC did) - after that they can only do what's possible for humans...
You may not really have noticed it as a user, but the software market is shrinking constantly for several years - or better it is shrunk by it's major players, aka M$, Apple, Adobe, Oracle, SAP
They increase complexity as a fence to protect their 'territory'. Companies of a size as SC have a hard time to follow these changes in direction.

cheers, Tom
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

I definately agree on your points astroman, but what I'm getting from stebzlla's post is that his concern is that S|C doesn't inform us what's going on at the moment, they don't adjust their release date, there's no info at all.
And yes, I know they're really really really busy and working very hard on it which is appreciated of course, but still.

I'm still happy playing in Scope 4.5 while waiting. But that's just me, being a patient guy :P
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

Yep, but dropping a line with a new estimated releasedate on te site won't cost a fortune, budget wise.
I agree on the hyped marketing though, they better can spend that budget on the product itself.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Just seems to be the usual "i'm going to sell everything" comment you see every once in a while (not just with Scope). You've waited this long and you're going to cut off your nose to spite your face for the sake of a month? Just do it already.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

ChampionSound wrote:Yep, but dropping a line with a new estimated releasedate on te site won't cost a fortune, budget wise.
Just because you feel that SC should update you on any release schedule for Xite doesn't mean that they are obliged to in any shape or form to do so. Who knows what features they are adding, tweaking and refining for our benefit. Many thanks to Tom The Astro, who is always the informative voice of reason on this board.

Point is, some folks, not talking about you here Champ, are never happy. Xcite was announced on 5th March. So it's been about 4 months. If SC hadn't announced Xite and just released it suddenly folks would have still complained, maybe having spent money elsewhere. So you can please some of the people some of the time most of.........etc.

It was within the realms of possibility that the current crop of cards might have been the last from Creamware. Had that been the case the whines and whinges that would have erupted from some would have been deafening. Hell, some folks are still going on about the "Creamware bankrupty" and it's dibilitating effect on the company. Like has it EVER affected the solid performance of my cards or the GREAT customer support I get from Ralf and the gang over in Germany?

This new box it a very, very big deal for SC, obviously, and they are working their orchestrals off right now to get it right for us folks, their customers. If anyone wants to get stuck in a cycle of "wanting and waiting" more fool them.

Time was you chose Studer or Otari and that was about IT!! These days the options are just amazing. Cheap, compact, portable. You can have a studio in a laptop the size of a small attache briefcase if you want. My studio got a Sony 24 dig in when they first appeared. About 190,000 grand in real money and that was back then. We had to take half a wall out and swing it in on a crane. Laugh, I could have cried. Now we can just put a box full of studio, synths, FX, kitchen sink et al, under our arm and get stuck in.

Lucky days!! :)

All the best,

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Well said ns. Good to read some common sense in a sea of nonsense.
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

@ ns

I never said that I felt they should inform me about a release schedule, as I said 2 posts earlier I'm happy with my current setup and I don't worry too much about a delay of a couple of weeks.
I think I wasn't very clear on that, because the the sentence you quoted from me was more how I interpret things from stebzilla's opening post, trying to understand his problem/point of view.
I don't understand all the storm in a cup of tea, like no one could ever make nice music with the Scope stuff we already have! :D

cheers,

Darcy
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Darcy, I think ns's post was more of a general statement & not really so much in response to you specifically even although he quoted you. :wink: (I could be wrong of course!)
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

Oh well, no offence taken anyway. :)
petal

Post by petal »

Yes I do understand that what SC has done is amazing and complicated etc... Still I think silence upon scheduled release date is wrong and bad customer/community service plain and simple.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

@ petal.
i agree 100% i really like the scope cards, i really like that they are working, and i dont care if it takes long to finish..
I love SC and many things about it, just not their PR and how they dont inform us of anything..
I am fine with them being late with scope 5, i just use 4.5! But a "progress blog" or something like that is needed imo.

oh well... the sun is shining, enough complaining.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I think S/C has kept us informed to some degree. When the product was not released in May they posted June on the Website, When it was not released in June they posted July. Ralph even came to Planetz and told us reasons for the delay and gave us a little more info on other things. Plus there is the original announcements of XITE-1 and Vista support and Mussikmesse and Video's. I don't think it can be stated that S/C has not given any sufficient information. I like to be well informed myself with even more of what's going on and i am very anxious but i do feel that we have to be patient and understanding aswell.

Also this thread seems more started to attack and bash for no just reason rather then to truly get info.
garyb

Post by garyb »

agree.
petal

Post by petal »

"Scheduled release has been delayed due to technical problems. Expected release December 2008"

...on their website, would have done it for me. Hell I even expected it...

It's the silence that's the problem.
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

I'll bet on monday 11th of august :D ((I'm not sure though)

C'mon folks, I'm sure all these delays of the releasedate have a good reason. Maybe it means that Scope 5 isn't just a driver update for compatibility with Vista, a new skin and some new stock eq's and compressors (which already will be a nice improvement) as some might think. But maybe our prayers about bugfixes and more streamlined automation are heard too, which isn't a crazy thought at all! If that finally happens, I'll freak out, but in a good way, hehe :lol:
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

ChampionSound wrote:Oh well, no offence taken anyway. :)
And absolutely no offence meant, dear chap!!

SC have their own agenda which they will reveal as and when. They're putting up the cash for this sorte, not me. They can do as they like as it suits them. Not as it suits me. I'm just one user with my own particular requirements. I can totally understand the needs of those who wait feverishly for the uber-power of the massed hoards of DSPs that await just over the horizon.

ns
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm 100% sure that our complaints and requests are heard. when this crew was employed by Creamware, i witnessed many examples of screaming and whining about how the users were being ignored only to see a bugfix or new feature or device that was exactly what had been wanted.

geez, these guys are only human and they are working. they CAN'T hold everybody's hands, they are too busy coding. there are only a few hours in a day and even a programmer deserves his personal time and family life. :) i don't think users realize just how few people are involved in the manufacture of these first-class tools. there is no sprawling factory, nor is there a huge office building with 20 people who have nothing better to do than to file their nails or play golf or video games. :lol:
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

garyb wrote:nor is there a huge office building with 20 people who have nothing better to do than to file their nails or play golf or video games. :lol:
Yes, but I have heard rumours of beer drinking. Unsubstantiated though they may be. No smoke without fire.

ns