Modular And XITE-1

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Modular And XITE-1

Post by dawman »

I would be really pleased to find out that Flexor III could use more polyphony in XITE-1.

I am already excited about being able to use Modular live now since DSP's will be extreme.

Any Insights On This?
eliam

Post by eliam »

I wouldn't be surprised if the polyphony would increase, since you can do more processing on a single dsp, but that will be confirmed in the next months... x-ite will be da bomb!! I'll have to get one... oh la la!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I shall start busting Assaf's balls over @ the Adern forum to see if this is possible. :wink:
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

for sure polyphony will increase.

the polyphonic restriction comes from the "load on one dsp" thing.

so a heavy module, which needs load of half a dsp, is restricted to "max. two voices"

I`ve talked to assaf about this limitation, as the main problem is to fix a dedicated module on one dsp, but the various voices could theoretically split over more than one dsp.

this is called "dsp per voice allocation, and it is implemented in sdk already, and 99,9% sure minimax and other high class synth use that feature.

sadly this feature is ignored by SFP4.5, but I emailed the problem to Ralf.

Lets see if they fix it with 5.0 also.

then we can reach higher voice count on critical modules even with the old cards....

on the xite-1 there is theorectially also a limitation, but, practically there is not as one chip has roughly 7x the power, so even the most critcial modules can have a high voice count. :)
Last edited by hifiboom on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ladies and Gentlemen.......hifiboom.

Ankyu.