Digital AudioSoft is very proud to introduce two new plugs

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

sonolive

Digital AudioSoft is very proud to introduce two new plugs

Post by sonolive »

Digital AudioSoft is very proud to introduce two new plugs … Dynamic signal processors … DAS-2A and DAS-1610++

These two compressors are completely new developments from the brand, new scripts for a new and revolutionary sound for your DSP boards.
Very versatile and high end plug ins that are very complementary each other, from a very « straight brick wall » to some smooth and musical compressions for instruments, mixes or mastering.

DAS-1610++
This is a surgical compressor … all settings are avaible, Treshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Out Gain … but also Look Ahead, Side chain In, RMS or Peak signal detection type, leds for « below or above » treshold.
Vu meters for inputs or Outputs, RMS or Peak Mode … Plus a bonus rotative called « Opto » for the « analog touch »
A very impressive kit of setups that will let your imagimation and sonic wishes command your mind … for a versatile use .
This will be avaible as « mono » or « two mono » plug linkable with « master and slave »

DAS-2A
This is an « easy to use » compressor … few settings for a maximum of transparency … very « analog like », this compressor is magic, you can use it on drums, basses, vocals … but also give an « analog touch » to your mixes and masters …
Switchable from compressor to limiter, just tweak the « Peak Reduction » button, and you will got THE SOUND !
Also the magic « Opto » setting … for a real personalisation of your tracks and instruments !!!
This will be avaible as « mono » or « stereo » plug

For sale
on Sonic Core Web Site - www.soniccore.com
on Digital AudioSoft Web Shop - www.digitalaudiosoft.com/order.html

Pricing List
DAS-1610++ : 99 Euro
DAS-2A : 99 Euro
Dynamic Bundle (DAS-1610++ & DAS-2A) : 168 Euro

SPECIAL OFFER : WELCOME TO SONIC CORE
A brand new reverb plug in will be offer to each plug or bundle bought !!! Just send us your bill from Sonic Core …

Demo are avaible on www.digitalaudiosoft.com
Support at support@digitalaudiosoft.com
Attachments
special welcome to Sonic Core offer
special welcome to Sonic Core offer
dassimpleverbkl.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 6838 times
dascomp.jpg
dascomp.jpg (15.55 KiB) Viewed 6840 times
Last edited by sonolive on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am destined to be broke !!

I am in need of something to even out a live mix with. I have tried to keep the levels of my comps the same, so my solo stuff can be on top when it needs to be. I have used Shroomz nice LED Meter to adjust, but certain patches due their frequency are louder, which frustrates me, cause I spent hours mixing and matching, only to find that the high mids seem uncontrollable.

Could I surgically remove that extra db on certain patches, and bring them back to the mix levels I need by compressing the high mids. Or would you suggest a limiter type of action instead.

BTW, your mixer might be going to Nashville. The production company's lawyer is negotiating for the equipment I was going to take back. The girls are so happy w/ their sound, and their Sennheiser G2's, and UE Pro 10's, they are fighting to keep them. That's cool, I will make the management pay dearly for it, trust me. Agents and mangers are just musicians turned car salemen to me, so there will be no guilt what so ever.

Happy Memorial Weekend,
Last edited by dawman on Sat May 26, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funky r

Post by Funky r »

:nice job. :wink:
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

they look nice. I hope these devices sound as good as your EQs ...

Jo
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi jo

For sure they do ...
you can hear it by yourself, dowloading the demos on www.digitalaudiosoft.com

They are different but very complementary from CW's ones ...

thx a lot for mentioning the eqs too :-)

cheers
olive
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

That's normal, your EQs are excellent and add life and an analog touch to my mixes (it took me time to handle the knobs of the A550EQ though ;-) ) ; we have tried the "SSL" version and the sound engeneer was very impressed as he knows ssl very well... As for your new compressors i may be interested as a good comp is missing within scope, IMHO ... Could you tell us more about those devices ? Of course, i will try the demo verison but i would appreciate some comments if possible ...
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

Hi jo, and all ...

well, it's difficult to speak or write about our devices ... except to say that they are FABULOUS ... :wink:

I can first quote a comment from a user that have already test it ... posted on support@digitalaudiosoft.com :

" > I did some tests. It works just fine and it collors apsolutly nothing that
> is really great.
> This is the first compressor in the hole history that I tried, able to
> process signal with
> sc key input in the decent way. The phase of the signal remains unchanged
> in all
> stages where no compression is applied. This is mostly important! Good
> job.
> It has 39 samples delay that is not much and no problem at all.
>
> If this is a final version (probably yes cause it works fine) I would ask
> you if you can
> make me an offer for full version (not demo)?"

then, what i could say is that we are reaaly and honestly impressed by the result ...

And to be honest, we have never thought this could have been possible.

When we began the development of this algo, we didn't know at all what could be the result, the only motivation was to build a script without any CW dynamic stock atom ...
so we began to add and substract, multiply and divide the signal ...
lots of hours trying, deleting, rebuilding and redeleting ...

for a final result that is soooooo interesting

What to say ?
They do sound different from CW stock atoms ... and in fact they are more versatile (don't read this as a less of humility plz, as i told you it's difficult to speak of our products !!!)

imagine !!! you can stop a dirac !!!! it can be very hard but also so smooth !!!

after having build the algo and scripts, of course we went to a long and precise step of optimisation, eric and i, each of us in our own studio ... plus some beta testers ...

we have then designed the GUI ... and integrated all this in these devices... with SDK for sure.

We do want to thanks, at this time, people from CW and after Sonic Core for their help and support ... THESE GUYS ARE FABULOUS !!!
special thx to RD ... and RB !!!

We are now waiting for your reviews ...

cheers
olive / Eric
dawman

Post by dawman »

The Body Of Ralf ??
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

the bodies of these two ralf(es)
musurgio

DAS compressors

Post by musurgio »

I tried the DS demos.
Although I really liked the sound of both of them ,better than Vinco regarding sound quality, the compression output did not work right !
No matter how big the ratio was set there were always peaks on the output as opposed to any other compressor with high settings which acts as a kind of limiter.
I tried also comparing the Timeworks compressor which won overall for sound (DAS sounds better still) but compression seems to do what is supposed to.
I hope that someone could chime in and tell me that the DAS holds the peaks as compressors should but the meters show differently here...
I hope that I am mistaken and the output is constant as in all compressors !
Regards,
Dimitrios
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi dimitrios,
Take care of what you are metering ...

the upper vu meter on DAS 1610++ can meter the input OR the output signal ...
selection is done via a switch ...

it can also meter RMS or PEAK mode ...
cheers
olive
musurgio

das

Post by musurgio »

Dear Olive I know that.
Please try it for yourself my kind of simple test.
Put threshold to the very maximum ratio to the maximum too, attack and release to the very minimum , the sounds gets ugly distorted because of the very fast release, (well that is somehow normal and don't reflect the quality of the compressor).
Use peak compression use meters showing output, instead of showing a steady 1-2 db difference in metering there is around the same headroom as at input !!
I am not psoting to make bad critics to your plugz I just try to convince myself that these compressors are ok to buy !
Please if this is a bug or something look at it .
I really appreciatte all your efforst in producing good plugins for scope !!
Regards,
Dimitrios
musurgio

DAS

Post by musurgio »

`The above test was for the 160 DAS compressor.
Regarding the DASLA2 on the full opto setting and with compressor switch and using the same gain and peak reduction this is the most transparent compressor for full mixes I have ever heard !!!!!!!
Regards,
Dimitrios
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

Regarding the DASLA2 on the full opto setting and with compressor switch and using the same gain and peak reduction this is the most transparent compressor for full mixes I have ever heard !!!!!!!
agree ... :wink:

we are stil here at DAS impressed by the result !!!

cheers
olive
musurgio

das

Post by musurgio »

Scope users you ought to yourself try out the demo LA2 from DAS using the suggested preset on a already mastered commercial track like Avrille "damn cold night" is it called like that ?, don't really know the title or any mastered commercial multi platinum track it can raise perceived loudness even more ! with transparency !!
Regards,
Dimitrios
musurgio

das 160 comp

Post by musurgio »

Dear Olive after testing and testing I am discovering a new quality in your compressors.
It somejow retains much of the dynamic range but still works as a compressor despite what meters sometimes show !!
It gives that compression effect but without loosing transparnecy and without squashing the sound.
Well if someone wants to do so maybe you could give more ratio if available...
Really maybe up till now we used only mediocre compressors and this is closer to real things !!
Thumps up !
I would like if some other scope users try these compressors and post their oppinions.
These are very different compressors !!!
Regards,
Dimitrios
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

this is closer to real things !!
i think so ...
Thumps up !
thx
Really maybe up till now we used only mediocre compressors
YOU told it !!! we have never ... :wink: but we DO think that these two plugz are very high end dynamics ever made for scope platform ...
These are very different compressors !!!
for sure !
and that is why we have decided few months ago to develop our own algo and script ... to make a different compressor and more a different dynamic signal processing range .

as you probably know all the interest and "secret" of a good compressor is the "signal detection" module, we made lots of research on this !!!!

thx again for testing and enjoy Digital Audiosoft

cheers
olive
garyb

Post by garyb »

this really sounds great!
Hysteric

Post by Hysteric »

I was pleased as I'm sure everyone was to also receive this information on the SonicCore email newletter, I feel like thinks are picking up. :)
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

Hysteric wrote:I was pleased as I'm sure everyone was to also receive this information on the SonicCore email newletter, I feel like thinks are picking up. :)
well I'll save that feeling for when there's some actual soniccore news, rather than a 3rd party plugin announcement.