multichannel switch

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

spiderman

Post by spiderman »

I would like a device that allow to plug asiosource out and adatsource out on the same channel of the stm2448 .

asiosource 1 or adatsource 1 on the stm channel 1
asiosource 2 or adatsource 2 on the stm channel 2
asiosource 3 or adatsource 3 on the stm channel 3

etc......

and switch between asio and adat on this device for all channels at the same time . maybe this simple device already exist ?

thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spiderman on 2004-10-12 07:02 ]</font>
blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

A patchbay!

This would be nice for soooo many uses.

J9K has the closest approximations to patchbays -- his 32x32 switcher and 8x8 matrix are very nice little devices.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I am very bussy at the moment. But I should be able to make something like this quite easily, if you can manage without MIDI and presets. 8 Channel modules would probably be ok, as they "fit" in both 16 and 24 channel mixers. Mind you, that a module with 48 inputs and 24 outputs would eat veeery much screen space. I am on 1024*768. I am changing my work routines now, but what you ask for is exactly, what I have wanted so many times myself. Much of what I have been missing has been simple things related to logistics ... and then a few things. Like the stereo -> dual mono switch I uploaded in the devices section. Mono switches in SP only gives you the left signal in both monitors, so it is not usefull for mono compatibility checking. I did some of them in modular, but it is so huge on my small monitor.

If no one else does it, I would probably have time to make an 8 channel switch for you the week-end after the this one. Not that I need it myself at the moment, but I really do understand your wish so well. You can just load 3 of them, if you need it.

If others feel like doing it faster (or feel like adding MIDI or making bigger versions - go ahead :smile:
wolf

Post by wolf »

I have done a stereo switch some months ago (available on my site) with midi support and big buttons for better targeting, if it is later in the night :smile:
I could do a mono switch as well, if you are in desperate need of it.

best
Wolfgang
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

yes !! immanuel ! a 8 channels would be perfect ! no midi keep it the most simple as you can .
a device like this permit to record dry multitracks while monitoring with effects and then after playback the dry recorded trakcs on their right channel without repatching etc or without consuming twice the channels ( one for monitoring and one for playback) !

it's good to be in this community !
cheers
Rogurt

Post by Rogurt »

hallo
I work exactly as you describe it. And I have built myself modular II devices which you can have if you like.
One is merging two stereo channels to one (let´s say asio in and adat in to one 2448 channel). You can play VST track and overdub at the same time. You might temporarily ecxeed the headroom but I experienced that most of the time it works well (the level going to tape/vst is correct).
The other device is the same thing but with a/b switches (8 of them).

But if someone builds a device I´ll be happy to use it too.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I have some very serious issues to deal with in my life at the moment - in particular a very important paper, that I must deliver 11/11. I am sorry, but there is absolutely no way I can justify to myself, spending time making devices before those things are dealt with.
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

is there somebody who have time to do this really little thing ?

thanks
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

ok, but please make a beta test report.
Switch 16 : one button switches from AS inputs (asio) to AD inputs (ADAT). 16 inputs and outputs.
State is stored in projects (please test). is a 24 switch needed? this version 16 only.

Download

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-06 06:57 ]</font>
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

hi medhi !
many thanks
i will test that soon thanks.
yes it would be great to have a 8 ,16 and 24 version . but right now i'm very happy ! 8^)
i report to you here asap .
thanks again .
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

ok that's easy.. well, i wait that you tell me that it works.
if you wish i can put clip indicators but well, that makes it bigger...
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

hi medhi

sorry but your device work perfectly !!
(win XP ,sfp3.1C , pulsarI+;pulsarII,SRB ).
great !!

stay KISS with that ...

many thanks
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

8/16/24
Download
there is even a manual, hehe.. (for the extra features).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-08 19:09 ]</font>
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

exellent medhi !!