Tape Delay

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

DJ Mosley

Post by DJ Mosley »

I'd love a really good modeled tape delay, for creamware or VST. It would be great if you could select how "worn" the tape was. Basically I used to have a tape delay, and I liked the obvious disintegration thing, but I also noticed that it changed as it was used over time (months later). The emulated delays that I've heard, don't really sound like the real thing at all.
at0m

Post by at0m »

I think the shifting delay times and pitch are quite a challenge for developers - would be superb if one could achieve that on the SFP platform...
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Celmos vintage delay is very nice
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

And has a "tape age" knob

Look here http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... orum=30&44

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2004-08-09 01:48 ]</font>
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

I haven't tried to get a tape delay sound, but the echo3 is AMAZING!!! One of the best delay's I've ever played with. It can be as simple or complex as you need.

Definately worth a look if you haven't already checked it out.

Sam
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

Hi, the Echo demo should be back online this week end only (trying to find a host before uploading to planetz...). Yes, echo3 is not a "tape delay" or an emulation of any exitsing hardware, thanks to point this out....
(edited i meant, thanks to have pointed this out)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-08-13 18:01 ]</font>
astroman

Post by astroman »

... but it performs very well on stuff you'd usually apply a Roland SpaceEcho to :smile:

it doesn't slavishly mimic a vintage unit, but picks up the core idea and extends it, plus putting it in a modern context - that's why I'd give it 'douze points' (12 points) ... out of 10 :grin:

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2004-08-13 17:49 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

ok ok , lol, :smile:
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

...15 even. :razz:

Sam