PATIENCE AND CALMING DOWN!!!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

ok folx... sorry to say that... but the whole SP4.0 discussion is leading to kindergarten... :sad:

So please.. all of you "bah CW is x, CW is Y, I WANT SP4, I WANT ALL PLUGS... etc.etc.etc guys"... JUST STOP IT!

There will be SP4.0 very soon
There are NO new plugs for the regg'd users
CW IS NOT UAD!
RUMORS and IMPATIENCE leads to FRUSTRATION!
CW tries to keep up the running stuff as good as possible!
The database of the regg'd users IS in work to be converted to the new site
CW is alive!
SFP3.1C also works these few days until SP4 has arrived
CW tries to release the SDK the same day the SP4.0 will be released!
There ARE many bugfixes in SP4.0

So please STOP bugging, bumping, flaming and bothering the users with these frustrationposts and WAIT until the release...

It is really enough of this senseless discussion...

my hard two pence for that!

GenocidE
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

I back you up totally...BUT some people needs to talk, some doesn't. So leave them do that, and keep out of the discussion if it does'nt fit you.

Noah Laux
----------
http://www.thalamusic.dk
</FONT>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalamus on 2004-04-16 20:57 ]</font>
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Yeah actually I find all that ranting and raving rather entertaining :smile:
powerpulsarian

Post by powerpulsarian »

I agree, but I am not sure this post qualifies as an announcement????

Shouldn't it be under the general discussion?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: powerpulsarian on 2004-04-16 23:13 ]</font>
genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

well ok.. it didn't that much into annoucements.. but thats the category most ppl read atm. so i decided to post it here and speak out my opinion of this more and more to nonsense drifting discussions about CW and SP4.0...

I don't mention names and i don't want to bump anyone with my post...
But i wanted to say it because i read more and more needless aggression against CW...
If someone is agnry with CW, well, then he could give up his card and buy powercore, uad-1 or even Protools... thats ok... but i think to keep patience and waitung for the good things to come is more a mature behaviour than posting these flames and aggressions against CW.. i wouldn't like it as the CEO to read these stuff written in the last days.. ok they HAVE to do much atm and i'm also curious for SP4.0 and whould be happy to get these plugs.. but the reality is like it is and there is no other option. So perhaps on saturday or monday the stuff will be up... no promise but the last stand of CW i gathered so far.

Nonetheless i hope the moods calm down, patience will grow up in your hearts and hope for the best future to CW the need to get.

another 2 pence...

GenocidE
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

On 2004-04-16 23:38, genoxcide wrote:
well ok.. it didn't that much into annoucements.. but thats the category most ppl read atm.
I don't think so
I don't mention names and i don't want to bump anyone with my post...
?
But i wanted to say it because i read more and more needless aggression against CW...
agression? I'd rather call it frustration
If someone is agnry with CW, well, then he could give up his card and buy powercore, uad-1 or even Protools... thats ok...
??????
hey, Pulsar is not my wife to replace it with another one. In this field there is a place for bigamy. Or poligamy :wink: I can see you are jelous of those who use ProTools. I use ProTools and Pulsar and am still alive.
but i think to keep patience and waitung for the good things to come is more a mature behaviour than posting these flames and aggressions against CW..
we know it. But we are humanbeings and, please, leave us rights to have our own opinions...
i wouldn't like it as the CEO to read these stuff written in the last days..
nobody would. but don't they have their own keyboards to talk to us? I know, no time for that atm.
Nonetheless i hope the moods calm down, patience will grow up in your hearts and hope for the best future to CW the need to get.
GenocidE
We all need rest :smile:
siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

good points Sam :smile:.

i'm not sure i like your tone there genoxcide,
If someone is agnry with CW, well, then he could give up his card and buy powercore, uad-1 or even Protools...

well that's just a childish statement.

quite frankly your "standing up in front of the class, shouting" attitude have to go.

there is, was, and will always be frustration in forums like this and i'm pretty sure CWA are grown up enough to handle it.

without you speaking THEIR mind.
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

genoxcide, chill dude! There will always be people who are "experts" and think they know how things should be run. In the end however, they are all just personal opinions, some very strong but only opinions nonetheless (how do you spell that?) and are usually in a minority I find.
I agree it gets very tempting to "bite" but it is better for your own health not to. :smile:
Plato

Post by Plato »

Well I'm down with Genoxide......I think these threads to do with v4 are pointless, childish and quite frankly boring....I don't know about you, but reading/writing the same thing over & over again doesn't seem like the best use of a forum, especially when it's all based on speculation......we all share a love of SFP, and it's great that we're (at some point) going to get a FREE update, but personally, I want it to work and waiting until it's properly ready is a small price to pay.
genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

i have no need to speak in THEIR mind...

I speak in my OWN words...

I just wanted to inform you about the actual status nothing more... the following post grown more and more into something childish IMHO...
But when the ppl want to.. go on, make your frustrating posts, keep up the anger, just what you want.

Also i recognize that the users are dividing into two leaques... the patient ones and the impatient ones... the patient ones just try to keep the moods down while the others reup them again... well as I said.. i DON't want to name anyone... But like everytime the hurt ones are calling themselves at once...

well I don't want to get this post into a flame so for me the thread is closed so far...

Also i decide to don't give out any informations anymore because this would only grow up new rumors, frustration or speculations...

have a good time into letting out your frusttrationfilled discussions...

GenocidE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: genoxcide on 2004-04-17 08:53 ]</font>
Plato

Post by Plato »

Genoxide.....you do understand I was agreeing with you ?
genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

On 2004-04-17 08:55, Plato wrote:
Genoxide.....you do understand I was agreeing with you ?
Yes Plato... you and also bassdude are patient ones.. and thats good IMHO...

Also i liked your comments in the threads before tho.
For myself this thread is over. That does not mean to leave the whole planetz community. But i don't like it to be the one that starts these "monster" threads filled with frustration and x against y bla... so I decided to keep the infos for myself...

tnx again, bassdude and Plato :wink:

GenocidE
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

On 2004-04-17 08:45, genoxcide wrote:
i have no need to speak in THEIR mind...

I speak in my OWN words...

I just wanted to inform you about the actual status nothing more...

But your title post and this post above does not do this. These posts are just showing you r own personal frustration which is understandable. This is why I tend not to post in a topic which is fuelled by speculation and personal opinion!
genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

right bassdude... this post isn't just information anymore.. it was my frustration post against the frustrating posts...

John? how about opening a new category:
Pulsar Sandbag or something like that...
just a suggestion..:smile:

until then GenocidE
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Nevermind mate! Unfortunately the "printed word" up on a website can *appear* to carry more weight when it really doesn't. I've personally decided to be way more forgiving with the written word on the internet. Some people who might appear to be annoying I wouldn't have a problem having a beer with down the local pub!
orbita

Post by orbita »

Jeez you guys spend allot of time arguing about silly things. I'm just bloody glad creamware still exists!

Maybe they should setup some kind of voting system for bug fix prioritising. bugs with most votes get fixed first. no it probably wouldn't work but it might keep the whiners quiet.

I personally think that creamware should scrap any plans of linux ports, mac osx ports and force everyone to use the same hardware/OS rather like digidesign do. Then they could focus on the creative and functional aspects instead of farting around bug fixing. But then i'm biased and selfish :smile:

One thing I recommend creamware do to reduce the amount of customer support they have to deal with is write a little program that the end user can run that applies all the rather important system changes we all make to get the cards working properly. Cant be too hard can it? Mostly just a bunch of registry changes. Might improve peoples first impression of the product too since it would work out of the box rather more often.

Oh and a little webpage listing supported hardware might not be a bad idea either.
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

On 2004-04-17 10:01, orbita wrote:

I personally think that creamware should scrap any plans of linux ports, mac osx ports and force everyone to use the same hardware/OS rather like digidesign do.
No way fella! :wink: Linux is a smart move in my view. Windows and OSX *stops* user config. Linux will allow a specific stripped down optimized pulsar distro which would benefit everyone! Instead of 3GB for the OS you'll only need about .3GB! (still too much IMO though) This is where Creamware's choice to run their own GUI works. No reliance or lock in to Windows or Mac.
wsippel

Post by wsippel »

1.) Frank Hund catched a cold and couldn't work for the last few days, maybe that's at least one of the reasons for the delay...

2.) I think I have to say this again (orbita, you reading?): The Linux port will not be done by CW. The finishing of the OSX port will also not be done by CW. It won't slow down the development - in fact, it may even speed it up (eg bugfixes)!

Maybe we'll setup a bugtacker (Bugzilla or Mantis) with bug voting, we'll see (for Linux and OSX). If the bugs are cross-platform, they get fixed - but then again, XTC is not cross platform, as is ASIO. And maybe, if CW likes the idea, they'll adopt it...

BTW, I don't like ProTools - I don't like the software, I don't like to be told what platform I have to use and I don't like Avid in general (except for Softimage)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wsippel on 2004-04-17 12:12 ]</font>
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi

geno i like your info
why you want terminate this sort of
semi official creamware news
don stop it
and i think
the more funny thing
are the users reply (mine too)
that is normal after so long time
without an update or a new life way.

ale
Jngaelin

Post by Jngaelin »

Fussing & fightin :sad:

there is really no need for it.
orbita wrote: Jeez you guys spend allot of time arguing about silly things. I'm just bloody glad creamware still exists!
I do agree with genocxidE about the issue.
Seems like joy is being trampeled down
by arguments, emotional discussions, speculations, complaints etc etc...
Plato mentioned it to.

This orgininal post by genoxcidE....
I think genoxcidE ment to make us all stop and think about what we where doing.
But that really failed !

One reason to this failure, atleast i believe so, is that....when i read your post genoxcidE, i feel anger and frustration.

I quote bassdude.
Insted of helping, you fueled the fire you where trying to put out.
And now the discussion continues.

genocxidE you wrote:
so I decided to keep the infos for myself...
There is no need for this.

We musicians are a very stubbern "speices" :grin:
Seems like nobody wants to quit.

There are other things to discuss.
The waiting is never long when you know there is a reward for you!

Samplaire wrote something really nice...
We all need rest..
I completely agree with your title for this post genoxcidE...
Patience... n calming down..
There is alot of feelings in the "air".
My intention is not to step on anyones nerves with my post. But i somone feels hit by my post...then you can allways keep fuling the fire... :smile:

Regards Jngaelin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jngaelin on 2004-04-17 12:33 ]</font>