Tip - Bypass Preset value

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Post by spacef »

This is a simple circuit which shows a way to bypass a value from a preset (SFP 3.x) , on user demand (switch) (texts displays have been added for the example). (it also requires to know how to make presets for sfp).

edited : it is also wysiwys (what you see is what you save) and may be more "noah compatible" because it uses a sync switch(noah compatibility not tested).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-04-01 06:13 ]</font>
wolf

Post by wolf »

:wink:

if you use the routing recorder and switch connections to controller pads on/off with it, you don't need to use a switch and a diode for every single parameter.

have fun!
wolfgang

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wolf on 2004-04-01 12:26 ]</font>
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Could anyone make a modular Clock module independent from presets?
spacef

Post by spacef »

routing recorder : more ressources needed.... :wink: one is probably unoticeable but more can be too much and i prefer to stay away from it when possible (especially in devices which are already using many ressources). Here, removing RR can save some ressources for something else and the above can be lighter (i use RR for other stuff though).

What i like in the above is that it is very "analog", i will continue using it when possible :smile:

By the way, does anybody know if RR use computer ressources at all ? or if it "stays on the dsp" ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-03-23 15:39 ]</font>
spacef

Post by spacef »

hey alfonso, if i have the time i can do it (someone else may do it to, because i have not too much time for this right now :sad:
would be anlog style like above, no routing recorder or things like that, so it's a choice :smile: (may be someone else should do it).

Edited : oops, not sure i can do it for the modular (never tried to make a clock for it before). (may be someone else should do it (bis).

edited 2 : isn't the above doable in some way in modular ? :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-03-23 17:08 ]</font>
wolf

Post by wolf »

On 2004-03-23 15:09, spacef wrote:
routing recorder : more ressources needed.... :wink:
depends on the amount of parameters you want to bypass. for only one, that's true, of course :smile:
I didn't experience much more dsp load with 4 RR, btw.
At least not more than with using e.g. 60 switches, I would have needed instead.

Are the parameters in modular saved with the whole modular shell or does every module has its own parameter list ?
In the last case it should be possible to do the special clock module.
Don't have the time, too, at moment ... sorry :sad:

best
Wolfgang

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wolf on 2004-04-01 12:26 ]</font>
spacef

Post by spacef »

wolf,
just stop talking and do a modular clock thing :grin: (...)

Some modules have their own preset list, so i think you can make them for single modules.

With RR you do not have parameter update like above because of non permanent connections to both stored/unstored pads (which result is that any bpm currently in use by the user will be saved in the preset, without the need to witch into a "preset" mode). You don't see this in the picture which was taken "at preset load", while the diode forbids the update of Unstored, but Unstored will also update Stored as soon as the value change. So the user do not have to think about it.
So i'm not sure you can do it without a diode for this particular feature. (WYSIWYS : what you see is what you save :smile: )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-03-24 02:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-03-24 02:25 ]</font>
j9k

Post by j9k »

why is the switch "sync" instead of the "async" version.

j9k
spacef

Post by spacef »

On 2004-03-24 02:37, j9k wrote:
why is the switch "sync" instead of the "async" version.
j9k
I don't know. does it cause a problem ? would it be better with the other one ?
Also would it interfere with other asynch modules ? or be more user spec dependent in some cases ? or would it be better ? i don't know too much in that field, if you can enlight me you are welcome.
edited : if you have info say it because i just tried as you said and also with ContPad and it didn't change anything for what i need to change (...).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-03-24 04:38 ]</font>
j9k

Post by j9k »

i just noticed the converters on the inputs and outputs of the switch. it makes sense to me not to change to the other unless nessasary.

but if it works it works.

j9k
spacef

Post by spacef »

mm. I understand. I also read something about noah and async (no computer ressource for noah i think, and i've been told asynch also use computer) but i'm not sure (plus would it make a noah port more easy, not sure neither). there's probably not valid reason for that switch ( but it works as it should so far).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-03-24 05:19 ]</font>