QuadraSid - Sid64 Style synth...

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

Hi all,

Any chance one day if some one gets inspired who has the DK and the desire to make a synth based on the Sid 64 style synths this would be a very cool thing for the platform. Not sure if any one has ever tried the reFX QuadraSid but this was a very cool synth, what made it so unique to me was the way you could totally tweak the envelopes, I would use this for making insane bass lines.

Take the enveleposes start flat then peak like a saw and some how )forgive me I have no idea how the inner functioning of a synth is created) but it would follow the filters some how so you could really shape the sound of the synth.

Plus having some classic video game effects would totally rock since I am sure on the CW system the sound could be very full.

Anyways, its just a wish :smile:

Cheers!
scary808

Post by scary808 »

It exists my friend! It's the OP-8 from
Wavelength. I wish I had some money for
this thing. :sad:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=16&0
wavelength

Post by wavelength »

I have been using the OP-8 in my own tracks and have played some live shows around the Pacific Northwest... I had a DJ come up to me, after one show, and ask what it was like using the SidStation -- I took it as a compliment and told him that the sounds were actually made with my own soft-synth. He seemed confused, but I was pretty happy that the SID-aspect of the OP-8 came across so well in the club.

The OP-8 is designed to be capable of much more than just SID-style timbres, of course. There is a demo version on my site.

Cheers,

Stephen

http://www.track0.com/wavelength/