Request: 48x8m3 and 48sx8sm3 bus mixers

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

Hi all.

I'm trying to build an entirely-remote-controllable mixing console. As such I need MIDI control over everything. I've quickly run into complexity problems creating the bus modules for a 48x16x2 mixer with 8 auxes. There are cables running everywhere, not too mention DSP suckage.

I don't know if what I would like to see is even possible. Nevertheless...

The idea is to have a simple 48x8 bus mixer (= 48 x 8 = 384 level faders / knobs), along the lines of J9K's 8x8 matrix.

However, there would have to be 3 separate MIDI inputs (each listening to Omni or a specific channel) so that you could control each 'sub-group' of faders/knobs via separate MIDI channels.

For example, MIDI cc's coming in on MIDI 1 would control the faders / knobs for channels 1-16. MIDI 2 cc's would control channels 17-32. And MIDI 3 cc's would control channels 33-48.

Is this doable?

This would save my project a *lot* of complexity since right now I'm using J9K's 8x8 and someone else's 16x12 matrix mixers in series to do the same thing.

Ideally I'd also like low DSP usage, but what else is new. :smile:

The other module I could really use is a 48 stereo x 8 stereo mixer with 3 MIDI inputs. Same principle as above, except that the left input of each channel would get routed to the left bus, and the right output of each channel would get routed to the right bus. A single knob would control the amount for both left and right channels.

I'd be willing to pay a few shekels if anyone could develop these for me.

Any of you CW gurus know if this is even doable?

Thanks all,

Johann Tienhaara
Victoria, B.C., Canada