a request for a MIDI translator..

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Post by bosone »

is there some developer who can devolp a simple midi translator for pulsar??
a device that can change the midi channel of the incoming events? or translate a CC message into something else (note, aftertouch...) or can transpose or completely change the notes (for example you can play a keyboard with an "oriental-like" tuning!)
it is difficult?

thank you very much!
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

You can do this quite quickly and very easily inside the Logic environment...
at0m

Post by at0m »

http://www.bome.com : Midi Translator. I use it to converts notes form a psare keyboard to Program Changes for my Pc1600x. Easy preset browsing :wink:
Cubase also has an internal converter, but Translator could come in handy too...
For special tunings you could make up a Keysplitter/merger setup that does the job. But indeed, such convertors would be very cool for xtreme modulations.

[edit] link update

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0m|c on 2004-05-17 16:12 ]</font>
bosone

Post by bosone »

... thanks for your replyes, but
1) i use cakewalk as sequencer
2) i'd like a midi translator directly in pulsar OS.... :wink:
joylogic

Post by joylogic »

I'm also looking for a midi translator inside the scope platform, I'm now using the Bome's translator, it is working wel but it uses an extra midi in/output. So please let me know if there is one available.
Bill Doughty

Post by Bill Doughty »

I too have been looking for a note--note and a CC--CC MIDI translator in Scope. If Creamware ever releases the PD Development kit, I reckon I'll make my own.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Note2note and cc2cc is no problem, you can do that in modular, there's a couple examples in the Patches forum. Probably in DP one could do it more efficiently...

Problem is to change channel or event type, like calling banks with a note, and I'm afraid there's no atoms for that.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio