Channel 1+2 of ASIO Driver shows as 16 bit on SX2

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

orbita

Post by orbita »

Not sure if this is an actual problem or just showing as wrong but since upgrading to Cubase SX2 the first and second ASIO channels are showing as 16 bit and the rest 3-8 are showing as 24bit. I am using the ASIO Flt module. Any ideas whats going on and whether its an issue?
Cheers, Tom
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Might be worth checking your master effects for e.g. a dithering plugin.

Royston
Plato

Post by Plato »

Go to Cubase/Devices/Device Manager/VST inputs.....press reset
Do it for the outputs too.....this is necessary for Cubase to recognize I/O properly, but be aware that it can sometimes upset VST instruments, esp Halion, so I advise saving any used sounds as 'banks' first........of course it's not an issue in a blank project, so set up a template project to start working from every time.
You can also set up presets for all your bus connections eg 32 channels of 32 bit/ 24 bit etc in the 'connections' page.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plato on 2004-04-15 04:43 ]</font>
orbita

Post by orbita »

Hi, I tried the reset trick but no joy.
It doesnt seem to matter which ASIO Dest I use and whether there is anything connected to it, in cubase the first 2 channels always show as 16 bit and the rest show as 24bit.

Also, I have noticed that I cannot remove the Creamware Emulated Midi drivers. If I untick them all in the directsound properties they go away but the next time I reload cubase they come back again. Ive tried killing off various registry entries for emulated drivers but they always come back. If I turn the midi filter on, it hides all the regular midi drivers... Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
orbita

Post by orbita »

Ignore that, i was looking at the inputs instead of outputs. Resetting did work! Thank you! No idea if it was having any effect but now I can sleep more easily :grin:

Any ideas about permenantly getting rid of those annoying emulated drivers?

Cheers, Tom
To be or not to be. What was the question?
Plato

Post by Plato »

Somewhere in your Cubase SX folder is a file within a folder called 'Ignore port filter' or something like.....drag it into the main folder where Cubase.exe is.....you'll still have to deactivate all the direct music ports in SX, and some of them may pop up again from time to time, but it certainly helps keep them at bay.
orbita

Post by orbita »

yep i understand that, my problem is that when deactivating them in cubase they are only deactivated until the next time I restart cubase, then they reappear again
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Not that it matters but Sonar has problems with the ASIO drivers too - especially the 24 bit versions. Only left/odd channels appear. It's a mess
Plato

Post by Plato »

When you 'deactivate' how are you doing it?....most of the emulated ports disappear permanently on mine (SX2.02), but there are often a couple of stragglers.....annoying little gits!
orbita

Post by orbita »

I click on the Show box to remove the tick in the Direct X midi drivers window. I've managed to get rid of all the emulated once except for the creamware ones, they keep coming back whatever. Upgrading to SFP4 and the latest version of cubasex sx2.02 hasnt helped. Its no big deal really i suppose, just annoying.
Plato

Post by Plato »

There are 2 boxes.....'Active' & 'show'. Try to get the Active box to display 'No' for any input/output you don't want. Check in 'Direct Music', 'Windows Midi' & 'All Midi Inputs'.