Where can I get REAL nice sax sample sounds?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I would love to get some serious emulation of a sax. I know there is nothing that could actually emulate a sax, it is very hard, but most sax samples I own are SO bad, that they are useless... I would like something with more articulation, and some more realism. What do you know and can recomend about it?

Are there any free sax samples in the net, I am missing? Cheers.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I forgot to explain that I want them mainly to play with my guitar, unison, with some melodies. Eventually also for some background arrangment, I am not searching for a up front melodic sax so.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Horrible name "tublisax", so-so gui, but good sounds imho if you like sax. much easier to get going that simple sample collection:

http://www.dashsignature.com/?content=p ... bilesax#ID

have a listen tot he mp3 demo or download demo instrument.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Thanks Spirit, I didn't know about it, I'll have a go to see how is it like. Cheers.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Ufff... it's years light from a sax... as I expected honestly. But in a sense it sounds a little more articulated than a bunch of samples.
ElectronicaDub

Post by ElectronicaDub »

Check out http://members.lycos.co.uk/electronicadub. On the Ensoniq page is an Ensoniq sampled sax which is quite realistic. It makes use of layers, with keyclicks and wind(;-)). If you like, I'll post a demo song from My Ensoniq TS10 which uses this sampled instrument. It blows me away everytime I hear it.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

I picked up a Layered sax Soundfont once. If you're looking to have it for supporting your guitar only, checkout http://www.hammersound.net. I think it's still there. :smile:
Are we listening?..
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

On 2004-02-21 15:24, ElectronicaDub wrote:
Check out http://members.lycos.co.uk/electronicadub. On the Ensoniq page is an Ensoniq sampled sax which is quite realistic. It makes use of layers, with keyclicks and wind(;-)). If you like, I'll post a demo song from My Ensoniq TS10 which uses this sampled instrument. It blows me away everytime I hear it.
Unfortunately, the link you have posted does not work. I'll see if I can find it, let's see...
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

I've been using a c.d. called Brass Elements from a series called Creative Essentials by a mob called Time and Space for my my sax samples . They aren't free unfortunately but they are very inexpensive by sample ceedee standards . Thay are in wav..aiff and are 16 bit . I like them a lot more than tubilesax which didn't do a lot for me . The rom is mainly loops but has a series of trumpet ,flugel ,alto and tenor multisamples with a group in the tenors which sound more like baritone and work pretty well down below . They sound better than the exs24 sax sounds to my ears for what thats worth .I think they cost about 50 bucks ozzie ...back when I bought them that was about $us25
Cheers
paul
ElectronicaDub

Post by ElectronicaDub »