Updated Modular multi-segment envelope module

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Here's the current module:

The idea is fantastic: a flexible envelope that can be built into any patch with up to 128 break points. That's the same fantastic specification that is at the heart of the Absynth device from Native Instruments.

But the envelope is virtually never used because, IMHO, it can't be synced to anything. What's the point of a complex envelope with 10 or 20 or whatever breakpoints if you can't say precisely when those points are going to happen.

So the request is simple: <b>Please add tempo sync</b>

<i>Thanks to Modular Corner for the picture of the module above</i>
http://bwmodular.crosswinds.net
j9k

Post by j9k »

the main problem with using it with other graphic envelopes is that the time from point to point is exponential so you have better control of the shorter duration points.

j9k
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Yes, but an envelope generator with even six defined breakpoints syncable to tempo would be far superior (IMHO) to 128 that can't be realistically controlled in any way.

ps: thanks for even looking at this request since you're the only one who'd been able to break into the Modular world. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spirit on 2002-12-04 22:15 ]</font>
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

yep, me too.
The next thing coming to my mind is: a preset list of the multiSegmEnv.Must not be too difficult but would spare a lot of time and hassle (see http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... &forum=9&1 )
And the dream version of MSEnv: All this with a grid style display and a slider bar so you can locate and edit all your 128 steps
bosone

Post by bosone »

The next thing coming to my mind is: a preset list of the multiSegmEnv.
i definitely vote for this!!!!
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

could be one of CW strange acts to keep anyone from building a sophisticated sequencer. I mean, a tempo synched env is sort of like a 128 step sequencer. But with variable step length.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2003-04-16 09:25 ]</font>