Connecting project card with rme babyface

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

judiefre1

Connecting project card with rme babyface

Post by judiefre1 »

Hi I'm getting soon a babyface pro, that id like to use for asio, ad/da conversion... and project card just for synths/fx. How do i do this? can i still have my normal spf platform software running while using the rme in my sequencer?
jksuperstar

Re: Connecting project card with rme babyface

Post by jksuperstar »

Likely that's only possible if your sequencer supports connecting to multiple ASIO devices. Or, you use WAVE src/dest devices in scope to route audio to synths. Or maybe try using XTC mode?
judiefre1

Post by judiefre1 »

Sequencer doesn't support multi asio at once so maybe I will pass on using babyface with scope since i dont want to loose spf. Other option not practical and too much sacrifice in XTC... Thank you
borg

Post by borg »

ADAT...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Yup, adat was the next choice. You are limited to 8ch in and out, but it would all stay digital and in sync.
judiefre1

Post by judiefre1 »

If could work with adat that would be great :) Also decided now instead of babyface going with a prism lyra1.
Ive never used adat before so if im not mistaken, after hooking up the adat i would just need under sample rate settings change it to slave, and be able to run spf alongside the new soundcard without issues and still be able to use midi in scope? No need for an external word clock?
borg

Post by borg »

as far as I can tell, that lyra does not have adat, only s/pdif, which means that instead of 8, you only get 2 channels of communication between the interface and scope.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
judiefre1

Post by judiefre1 »

borg wrote:as far as I can tell, that lyra does not have adat, only s/pdif, which means that instead of 8, you only get 2 channels of communication between the interface and scope.
Thanks for pointing that out which i missed. S/pdif should be good as well as i wont need more than 2 channels.