Re-assigining software SNs and hardware SNs

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dblbass

Post by dblbass »

I have two creamware cards - one has crapped out, pretty sure its a hardware problem.

Meanwhile, I need to keep working. Problem is certain of my Pulsar soft devices are registered to one card, others to the other card.

Any way to re-assign these so I can use all my devices ?

(Still running 3.01, under XPpro on a CUSL2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dblbass on 2002-05-25 21:27 ]</font>
FlatEric

Post by FlatEric »

I think this is something which only Creamware can fix. I have two cards (Pulsar II and a Scope SRB), but because I registered the Pulsar II first, all my software activation keys relate to the Pulsar - none relates to the Scope card, so if my Pulsar II stopped working I'd be in the same situation as you.

If you have to contact Creamware, it might be worth you speaking to the shop where you bought your card first. When I got my Pulsar II it was supposed to come with the Pro-Pack, but I didn't get the activation keys for it when I registered online. My local shop chased the distributor who contacted Creamware and the activation keys appeared on the website in under 24hrs which is pretty quick by comparison to some of the responses you get from support.
at0m

Post by at0m »

dblbass

Post by dblbass »

thanks atomic

Now that I read this I remeber seeing it before. Looks terribly clumsy. I was hoping they'd get around to improving the whole registration part of the software with 3.1. Maybe next revision.
musquash

Post by musquash »

i wonder why after re-registering the old keys wont work anymore with the hardware. i thought the key-calculation is based on software- and hardware-code. and both wont change (or does the hardware get a new sn?)