problems with luna

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

haba

problems with luna

Post by haba »

hello guys, I'm new here, actuelly its my first posting. Sorry about my poor english. I started my computer today (luna with scope 5.1 2 X pulsar II) after 5 months (exam) and have problems with the software. First the audiostream was permantly intrerupted (on/off) then I saw in the stm16 mixer the signal (a wave file) jumping between sources (without doing anything). Finally I got the message that my connection between cards ist missing. After installing luna again (without the scope cards) I could load the stm 16 mixer and minimax, but I couldn't play them (no output, no signal in the mixer, no dsp load). I cleaned the card, I have tryed every pci slot, I,ve recoverd C with an image I made when everything was working and I tried a new stdm conector. Is there anything more that I could try?. Did I miss anything? Thanks for every sugestion. haba
dante

Re: problems with luna

Post by dante »

Might be an idea to do a fresh install rather than work with an image. That way if there are any hardware issues they'll more likely be picked up at install time rather than not knowing whats causing the issue with the image.
haba

Post by haba »

Thanks a lot for your tip. Additionally I've got now lots of sramtest failures. Think I`m gonna do a fresh install tomorrow. It looks like a hardware issue to me. Is there a way for porting my software (v 5.1) from a dead card to one other?
haba
petal

Post by petal »

You can do a key transfer for ca. 90-100 Euro's. I don't recall the exact price.
haba

Post by haba »

Thank you your quick answer. I don't know if it makes sense to get the card serviced (if broken).
In case they service the old creamware cards.... its not clear (imo) on soniccores hp... the price is the other question. Two weeks ago I saw one luna going for 75 euro on ebay.
haba
garyb

Post by garyb »

no S|C doesn't have parts to fix bad cards..... :cry:
haba

Post by haba »

Ok lets face it. I had fun with the card for 11 years. Not a bad deal... Love and let die.
haba
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

If it was just a single 3DSP system, I would understand, but as you also have 2 Pulsar2 in your system, it would be a pitty to just throw these to the bin. :(

I suppose the trouble even doesn't come from your Scope cards but more from your Mobo or Pc RAM. The Scope cards are rock solid, the only trouble I ever had with any of mines (I collect more than 10 of them), was about the small SMD capacitor when moving the card from one host to another with a bit of barbarian handling :lol: . Resoldering them just fix the problem...
haba

Post by haba »

I have done 2 new windows instalations. same thing. it looks to me that the dsp's are trying to get in sync (observable on the mouse coursor getting busy cca every 5-10 sec) but are failing all the time. It was fun having 3 midi io, luna with adat extention and the 2 scope plates (one adat each). I was thinking to buy another luna and building 2 computer one dedicated for mixing the other for sequencing.
haba
haba

Post by haba »

Hello I've tried the card on a second computer. The same problem. Additionally I've observed that the card couldn't keep the samplerate, losing it all the time (disapearing in the field, then reapearing etc - I've tried oll of them). What do you think is there a posibillity by syncronizing the card to a extern samplingrate? Or am I risking to damage my external converter? Thanks to all for the given support.
haba
garyb

Post by garyb »

no risk of damage...
haba

Post by haba »

Thank you Gary. I'll give it a try with the external converter and with the other cards by making one of them as master (main card). Unfortunally I have to go with scope 4.5 until I get the transfer done by sonic core. But if it works I could use the IO, Midi and DSP of the broken card. Right?
haba
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, but i seriously doubt that it will work. i'd say the odds are 99.99999999999% against. that's no reason not to try, though. just don't get your hopes up.
haba

Post by haba »

:), ok
haba