JANUARY 10th, 2012 - REVOLUTION DAY!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

HUROLURA

Re: JANUARY 10th, 2012 - REVOLUTION DAY!

Post by HUROLURA »

Hum ... Happy birthday SCOPE
garyb

Post by garyb »

vascomusic wrote:
sunmachine wrote:
vascomusic wrote:Also @ Gearslutz in section New Product Alert! :P
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... eased.html

...spread the word...
As promised... PreSonus Studio One forum:
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/18704.page
Another post @ Steinberg Cubase forum: :D

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 19&t=17765

_

YES!
vascomusic

Post by vascomusic »

YES!
Gary,

I was just talking at the Steinberg Cubase 6 forum, regarding the halted development state of XTC-mode.
Hopefully Steinberg and other vendors will do a step forward to provide Scope DSP plugin integration in their Sequencers/DAW's using the Open SCOPE API.

menno

Post by menno »

Okidoki I got the Zarg bundle. I had a couple of the synths already, but it was worth it just to finally get my hands on the Solaris and Pro-Wave.

Now we just need the Xite prices chopped to make it a real revolution!
vascomusic

Post by vascomusic »

menno wrote:Okidoki I got the Zarg bundle. I had a couple of the synths already, but it was worth it just to finally get my hands on the Solaris and Pro-Wave.

Did you receive your Zarg license(s) from S|C already? or any other confirmation ?
menno

Post by menno »

Bud Weiser wrote: What are the real world revolutionairy changes to expect as old Scope owners/users ?
Unusable cards and have to buy all hardware new ?

No offense, but I want to know before buying anything as blow out before all changes.
It's already revolutionary that my 14 year old Pulsar 1 card is still fully supported and running on my latest 64bit Windows PC!

My view is I bought the Zarg bundle for a snip, and hope SC will keep supporting my old cards.

But even if one day a Scope upgrade doesnt support the old cards, they are not unusable, just dont upgrade...
menno

Post by menno »

vascomusic wrote:
menno wrote:Okidoki I got the Zarg bundle. I had a couple of the synths already, but it was worth it just to finally get my hands on the Solaris and Pro-Wave.

Did you receive your Zarg license(s) from S|C already? or any other confirmation ?
I only received the confirmation email of my purchase, which came straight away. Licenses usually take a day or two to be emailed in my experience.
julian

Post by julian »

Some more info from SonicCore:
Due to the late start of our revolution yesterday at noon, the special offer will still be available for some hours today!

cheers,
julian / SC
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Bud Weiser wrote: I recognized even Xite-1 and Xite-1D disappeared from the shop today,- so what´s up ?
Guess they're out of stock, but according to the shop they will be available again at the end of January.
http://www.sonic-core.net/shop/index.php?language=en
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

julian wrote:Some more info from SonicCore:
Due to the late start of our revolution yesterday at noon, the special offer will still be available for some hours today!

cheers,
julian / SC
Great, thanks! And all because of the wurst... ;)
vascomusic

Post by vascomusic »

julian wrote:Some more info from SonicCore:

cheers,
julian / SC

When you purchase plugins in the shop, you have to fill in your hardware serialnumber.
What if i decide to upgrade to XITE-1 one day... is there a possibility to move these plugin-licenses to the new hardware ?
(i own a 6 DSP card, but probably not going to use that anymore once i have a XITE-1)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

vascomusic wrote: What if i decide to upgrade to XITE-1 one day... is there a possibility to move these plugin-licenses to the new hardware ?
(i own a 6 DSP card, but probably not going to use that anymore once i have a XITE-1)
I moved all my devices that weren't on XITE-1 from my Pulsar2 just last year. There will be a one-off fee, so make sure you transfer all your devices in one hit as it's done per transfer, not per device.
vascomusic

Post by vascomusic »

Mr Arkadin wrote:There will be a one-off fee, so make sure you transfer all your devices in one hit as it's done per transfer, not per device.
This means that you have to pay for the license transfer ?

And what happens to the old allkeys file...it still contains all the licenses for the old hardware, right ? - so, you could use the old hardware in another computer, having a duplicate set of licenses (both on new and old hardware)... :-?
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

No. No duplicate keys. Sc doesn't give away plugins for free:) the keys will be transferred only, not copied.
There is a transfer fee, I don't remember how much it is, but it's not alot.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Correct. The keys are addressed to the individual hardware.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

vascomusic wrote:... what happens to the old allkeys file...it still contains all the licenses for the old hardware, right ? - so, you could use the old hardware in another computer, having a duplicate set of licenses (both on new and old hardware)... :-?
No. Part of the transfer procedure is physically de-registering your devices on the unit you take them from.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Immanuel wrote:
vascomusic wrote:... what happens to the old allkeys file...it still contains all the licenses for the old hardware, right ? - so, you could use the old hardware in another computer, having a duplicate set of licenses (both on new and old hardware)... :-?
No. Part of the transfer procedure is physically de-registering your devices on the unit you take them from.
How does this work? Do I need a screwdriver for that? ;-)
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

sunmachine wrote:
Immanuel wrote:
How does this work? Do I need a screwdriver for that? ;-)
They send you a file to do it. When you then do it, a new file is generated. When you send this file back to SC, they will go on with the transfer. It's quite smart :-)
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

No screwdriver needed ...
You only have to launch a special program to unregister the devices to be transferred.
The trick is I do not know exactly as I only benefit so far from transfer form other cards or just sent back some of my PCI cards to SC when I bought the Xite-1 and they transferred the non standard plug to it for me (Flexor, Prodyssey ...)