Problem Installing scope4.5 on windows 7 32bit

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ThomasT

Problem Installing scope4.5 on windows 7 32bit

Post by ThomasT »

Hi,

I tried to install scope 4.5 under windows 7 32bit. I have a scope 14 DSP and Pulsar II 6 DSP card.
The setup.exe runs only in xp sp3 compatibility mode. Otherwise it tolds that it couldn't find the drivers.

After installation I tried to run scope software normally. It tells me that it could find the card.
Than I tried xp sp3 compatibility mode again. It starts but tells that a MIDI sync DSP couldn't be found.
As well when I load ADAT B source into the project it could find a p-plate ADAT B dsd file?!? For both cards the same error message on ADAT source B. ADAT source A works and ADAT dest, too.

Can someone explain shortly how to install and run scope 4.5 under windows 7 (32bit)?

Thanks Thomas
winger

Re: Problem Installing scope4.5 on windows 7 32bit

Post by winger »

I installed 4.0 on windows 7(never tried 4.5). Right clicked on the setup.exe clicked on properties, compatibility then set "Run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3, and set privilege level to run as administrator.

It install worked but I was never able to get asio to work correctly with this install.
mark winger
astroman

Re: Problem Installing scope4.5 on windows 7 32bit

Post by astroman »

4.0 and 4.5 are identical, except a couple of licenses for devices - so your method applies.
Is there a short info about the SP3 compatibility (i.e. it's advantages) or do I have to dig through M$'s site... :D
I always chose SP2 as I don't even know what SP3 is about... :oops:

cheers, Tom