Scope PCI 64bit testing

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

VeryPSB

Re: Scope PCI 64bit testing

Post by VeryPSB »

Sounddesigner wrote:I think Verypsb is talking about XTC Mode wich i assume scope plugins will still need a bridge to work in 64bit host just as 32bit Native plugins need one. To my knowledge this is the Natur of dsp-card plugins and a bridge is required for all dsp Platform plugins running as VST's (e.g. UAD, Powercore, and Protools HD cannot take advantage of extra Ram). If what i say is correct then SFP Mode is definitely your friend.
That's what I'm talking about. I think for XTC mode the Scope plugins should be in 64 bit, if you want to avoid the 32 to 64 bit bridge... But my guess is that Scope should be fully 64 bit to accomplish this.
Is this the nature of dsp-cards, or are all dsp-cards not (completely) 64 bit?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Sounddesigner wrote:
I think Verypsb is talking about XTC Mode wich i assume scope plugins will still need a bridge to work in 64bit host just as 32bit Native plugins need one. To my knowledge this is the Nature of dsp-card plugins and a bridge is required for all dsp Platform plugins running as VST's in 64bit Hosts (e.g. UAD, Powercore, and Protools HD cannot take advantage of extra Ram). This will probably never change for any dsp platform. If what i say is correct then SFP Mode is definitely your friend.

Edited in: Well Protools may get around the Ram problem but the Native 64bit VST problem for other dsp Platforms i doubt will ever change, or do so anytime soon. Such is the nature of the dsp card.
OK, I understand.

Yeah, not a XTC/VSTim user here (anymore).
Also not sure jbridge would work with the Scope plugin dll's.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

VeryPSB wrote:
Sounddesigner wrote:I think Verypsb is talking about XTC Mode wich i assume scope plugins will still need a bridge to work in 64bit host just as 32bit Native plugins need one. To my knowledge this is the Natur of dsp-card plugins and a bridge is required for all dsp Platform plugins running as VST's (e.g. UAD, Powercore, and Protools HD cannot take advantage of extra Ram). If what i say is correct then SFP Mode is definitely your friend.
That's what I'm talking about. I think for XTC mode the Scope plugins should be in 64 bit, if you want to avoid the 32 to 64 bit bridge... But my guess is that Scope should be fully 64 bit to accomplish this.
ALL dsp cards are of the 32bit architecture and require bridges when used inside 64bit Hosts (UAD, Powercore, duende, etc). This currently is the nature of dsp cards to my knowledge, not Sonic Core's fault.

However, Sonic Core are talented developers and have already done the impossible several times so i would'nt say they could not devise a bridge-less way of using SCOPE plugins as VSTs inside 64bit Hosts (make XTC function like SFP), but i'm pretty sure that will take alot of codeing and time, if possible.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Well, here with the latest 64-bit Scope (drivers), I'm running Samplitude (32) with jbridge running Superior 2 (64) and Kontakt 4.x (64) with no problems. So we're still transitioning.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

VeryPSB wrote:

Let me add: My info comes from what i've read on forums about the other dsp platforms (uad, powercore, etc) and forums are'nt always a good place to get info. You'll want to write a email to Sonic Core for confirmation/disproving. But i'm fairly sure what i say is correct (just not 100% sure), and all dsp platforms do currently need bridges and this alone suggests it is either difficult or impossible for their plugins to function like True Native 64bit VST's (without bridges). But again it's always best to go directly to the source for information aswell (Sonic Core). Get the info directly from the Horses mouth.

EDITED
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

I can load more Masterverb Pro plugins until I get a PCI overload.
mano

Post by mano »

I got an email from SC yesterday announcing RC1 (release candidate 1) of SCOPE 5.1

I only see the german version ("DE") in the FTP... Am I missing something? The email didn't talk about language.

Thanks
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

I installed the DE version. It's only the installer that's in German and I'm sure you'll be able to guess your way through that.

Thanks,
Will
mano

Post by mano »

I see. Will do. I cancelled as soon as I saw the German text. Not very intuitive, knowing it's usually separate setups. Thanks.