SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

netguyjoel

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by netguyjoel »

+1 Thank you my fellow cheesehead....couldn't have said it better myself..... :wink:
Joel
garyb

Post by garyb »

Sounddesigner!!!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

awesome, well said.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This forum sure could use some good news though, I agree with that.
But until then the bashing of Trolls is a favorite passtime.

NI Komplete
SIR Reverb Free
Mr. Ray M Audio Delta
CroNiX

Post by CroNiX »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:This forum sure could use some good news though, I agree with that.
Good News!!! I'm getting my XITE soon!!! There ya go... :P
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

goodnews.jpg
goodnews.jpg (77.94 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
me too!
VeryPSB

Post by VeryPSB »

Sounddesigner wrote:As far as i see it Sonic Core only made one announcement about 64bit on this forum, the rest is hearsey and private emails. Nothing official on the website or in magazine articles declaring without a doubt the 64bit version will be release on a specific day, no promises made, no word given, no swearing to God, no solemn oath, etc.
They stated on the website x64 would be ready before christmas. (2009, not 2010). Since then it would be ready in 1 month, every month. (from different support emails).
garyb

Post by garyb »

too bad.
they ARE definitely working harder than anyone here in these message boards(which in some cases is saying something). it will be done when they finish it, and crying won't help. you can count the coders who can do this work on one hand, and most of them are actually working on Scope and the Solaris at S|C, there is no more help. you can believe that they want it done as much as anyone.
dawman

Post by dawman »

From where I am standing it appears that their strategy is working......

More and more XITE-1's are being sold and the Elektra/Power Pulsar crowd has promised they will never spend another dime and have moved onto greener pastures ( soundcards ).. :lol:

"If we can't get them out,....... we'll breed them out "..............Patrick McGoohan as Edvard The Longshanks...In Braveheart...United Artists/MGM 1995
patrick-mcgoohan_44514441.jpg
David

Post by David »

For further understanding of the process from academic research to comercial production, Chapter 1 paragraph 1.8 (page 26) of Martin Russ's book, Sound Synthesis and Sampling provides an insightful explanation.
Also in contrast to (possibly) recent human expection due to the accelerated rise of the harnessing of electricity the concept of evolution has been reletively slow to be adopted.
I count myself lucky to be alive in this part of the world today with all the expectations it brings and enjoy the build up to something great which will surely come within my working lifetime. This idea, of course, doesn't stop me wanting it all now but it does temper my yearnings away from despair and futility.

Good things come to those who wait (urgh!)

Peace and patientce my brothers as before long it will all be with us and we will yearn something new, as we already do

May technology astound us
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I prefer that SC just not say nothing and just focus.
Many other companies don't bother announcing updates.

I've done 30-years on the development side and I HATE trying to meet some arbitrary marketing deadline.

Meanwhile my 10-year old antiquated dusty old PCI system is still cranking along.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

Neutron wrote:You forgot the pictures of random chickens and stuff. :)
chicken173.jpg
chicken173.jpg (2.52 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
David

Post by David »

Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

VeryPSB wrote:
Sounddesigner wrote:As far as i see it Sonic Core only made one announcement about 64bit on this forum, the rest is hearsey and private emails. Nothing official on the website or in magazine articles declaring without a doubt the 64bit version will be release on a specific day, no promises made, no word given, no swearing to God, no solemn oath, etc.
They stated on the website x64 would be ready before christmas. (2009, not 2010). Since then it would be ready in 1 month, every month. (from different support emails).

Do you have a link cause i never read that? But even if you are right that one time on the website only coincides with the one time i mentioned on this forum, both would've predicted a December release. Nothing official beyond a December release prediction just hearsay and someones email wich is not official. One time prediction not many.
I like when people post their emails but i always take such info with a grain of salt, there are many reasons such emails can be inaccurate and in the case of trolls like friflo can be a flat out lie, and in many cases can simply be a guesstimation from a non-developer, but in all cases NOT official.

People act like a 6 months delay is extreme and frankly it's not, those people are being irrational. 6 months delay is not a long time and a very understandable delay, but people here act like 6 months is 2 years. And like i stated a delay does'nt warrent negative behavior, such behavior reveals a problem with those users NOT Sonic Core.. Protools and powercore and others still only have recent beta drivers and find it difficult with the 64bit transition, obviously it's not a fast process. It is difficult for Native developers with only a handfull of plugins to code their plugins in a fast way for 64bit O\S, do you want a list? Sonic Core is coding a whole platform, show some understanding.

64bit O\S has never been a priority for the vast majority of the audio industry. Actually 64bit O|S have been around a very longtime the audio industry simply was'nt interested in it, but people here make it seem like it's the end of Sonic Core's world if 64bit is'nt released yesterday, strange.. People mistake one 'possibly official' announcement for many and act as if S|C swore to God it would be released many times, strange how people when angered and in selfishness only read what they want to read rather then what's actually there.

I don't think it matters much what Sonic Core says to those people they simply want the 64bit drivers released wich simply can't happen faster then what Sonic Core can do, so they search for any excuse to bash, childish. "It's done when it's done", the work dictates the finish more so then Sonic Core. If sonic core would have not made a december release estimation and only mentioned 64bit was under development those people would still complain about not having any release point given and why did sonic core mention it so early if they're not ready for releasing it? I don't think it's truly about what sonic core says but more about people just want the 64bit version, even at the expense of losing integrity.

Would you prefer to have not been told anything about 64bit until it was actually released?
I don't think that would be good for us or Sonic Core. Some of us like early revealings on what Sonic Core is about to release and is doing so i hope they never stop. And can understand if the estimation is a little off, that's life. In both the 64bit and XITE-1 situations i am glad to have known early they where comming cause i could prepare for them and feel good knowing the platform is in good hands because of the type of work in progress. 'Soon' is good enough for some of us and i love to be told ahead of time, and "it's better late then never" is a reality. There was no 64bit future with Creamware. I'm glad to know early SDK is comming, Sonic Core is simply telling us early their developing the things we want and that they're truly doing some great things for scope platform, they also look at the size of the project and give estimation for completion, that's great to some of us. nothing immoral or unethical, it's their M.O and they have a right to their way of doing business whether it conforms to others or not. What your getting from them is them.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

siriusbliss wrote:I prefer that SC just not say nothing and just focus.
Many other companies don't bother announcing updates.

I've done 30-years on the development side and I HATE trying to meet some arbitrary marketing deadline.

Meanwhile my 10-year old antiquated dusty old PCI system is still cranking along.

Greg
I like being told early about releases. When i first started using scope this platforms future was unknown for quite some time. When sonic core mentioned 5.0 upgrade and told of the beastly xite-1 it brought life and cause for celibrating to the forum and some hope and security feelings at a much needed time. Also it informed others in the music world that "the rumours of scope demise have been greatly exaggerated", and built up more interest for the platform (in a niche market way), i'm sure the more such news spreaded ahead of release the more sales, wich in the end is better for all of us.

I was able to get the money for XITE-1 because i knew about it ahead of time, might have been far more difficult to get the money for xite-1 if i did'nt find out about it prior to release back then (some of the gear i sold to buy xite-1 was losing value as time passed,etc). I definitely would have not been able to buy the xite-1 at release and enjoy it all this time if not for being told about it waay earlier before release.With foresight i built my studio around it ahead of time, good preparation. I simply was glad to know it and 5.0 was comming and that Sonic Core was busy doing great things and not about to surprise us with bad news (such as scope is discontinued, etc}
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

I don't understand why you guys call veryPSB a troll since everything he say is valid and true? And yes i can recall announcement about x64 from 2009. It is nice to defend company, we all like SC but.. Don't try to sell me that crap about slow development. Nobody talk about that. I am sure we can all agree about that one. Software development never been easy especially when you try to do things like Xite.

As far as i can see he is annoyed by wrong (or false if you like) prediction which is repeating on monthly basis. I completely agree with siriusbliss on this one. Instead of monthly (false/wrong) announcement and delay they should shut up and just not say nothing and focus on development when possible. Propellerheads have nice answer for their development and products. It sounds like "it will be released when everything is ready" :) That seems far better and less annoying then "in a month" or "very soon"...
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

mpodrug wrote:I don't understand why you guys call veryPSB a troll since everything he say is valid and true? And yes i can recall announcement about x64 from 2009. It is nice to defend company, we all like SC but.. Don't try to sell me that crap about slow development. Nobody talk about that. I am sure we can all agree about that one. Software development never been easy especially when you try to do things like Xite.

As far as i can see he is annoyed by wrong (or false if you like) prediction which is repeating on monthly basis. I completely agree with siriusbliss on this one. Instead of monthly (false/wrong) announcement and delay they should shut up and just not say nothing and focus on development when possible. Propellerheads have nice answer for their development and products. It sounds like "it will be released when everything is ready" :) That seems far better and less annoying then "in a month" or "very soon"...

Go and read Propellerheads forum and you will find several threads of people complaining about NOT being told anything about 64bit Rewire, etc (A large part of the industry depends on the Rewire protocol). Need i provide links? Uncertainty is even worser then being given a ETA with some people. Either way a company choose to operate they can't win with some people. When i bought Reason 3.0 at it's initial release it was unusable due to bugs wich is the same as not releasing it on the day it's predicted to be released in my eyes. I've already gave answers to the rest of your post in my last posts.

Sonic Core may not change when it comes to giving ETA's they believe are good estimations, now it's for you to think about whether you can deal with that or not if it appears a big issue to you? I'm not trying to be a prick and yes i am a fanboy but i do try to look at things fairly and objectively. My main problem is with excessive complaining/trolling for wich i feel there is no justification.

Sonic Core is not a perfect company we all know, but they deserve better then what they are getting from some people. I hope S|C grow as a company cause i do wish they'd work faster and think this growth will be needed due to the nature of their products and the competing market. I do believe they'll need to accomplish things faster. S|C predictions are'nt the problem with me it's the actual slow accomplishments that are the problem. But i won't get crazy and act foolish over such.

I like ETA's, maybe not every month if that is true (but still unofficial methods mentioned), but either way Sonic Core will be Sonic Core and probably won't change and that's their right. Nothing immoral or unethical about their M.O.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astroman

Post by astroman »

mpodrug wrote:...I am sure we can all agree about that one. Software development never been easy especially when you try to do things like Xite ...
LOL - I'm in THAT business since 20 years and I tell you it really was ... before th iApple and dot_M$ BS

cheers, Tom
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Sounddesigner wrote:

Go and read Propellerheads forum and you will find several threads of people complaining about NOT being told anything about 64bit Rewire, etc (A large part of the industry depends on the Rewire protocol). Need i provide links?

Sonic Core is not a perfect company we all know, but they deserve better then what they are getting from some people. I hope S|C grow as a company cause i do wish they'd work faster and think this growth will be needed due to the nature of their products and the competing market. I do believe they'll need to accomplish things faster. S|C predictions are'nt the problem with me it's the actual slow accomplishments that are the problem. But i won't get crazy and act foolish over such.

EDITED
Haha you don't need to provide me any links. I am watching Propellerheads from day one. I was kinda pointing to their past. I agree with everything you said about SC. I really do. I want same thing.

But i can say same - just opposite. People does not deserve wrong announcements. That's just not fair. I won't get crazy either. I have a life and things to do. But if you think that promising false things over and over again to your user base is not immoral on unethical i think you will have problems running your own business in the future. Of course just M.O. No disrespect intended in any way. Sure one brick(user) does not make house. But you have to see bigger picture.

I don't know is this global but here where i live people like to say this about business or even life: Good things will spread very long distance. Bad things even longer.

Kind regards
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

How do you know Sonic Core did not believe the estimation they gave where right and good? How do you truly know they gave many? Your acting as if they intentionally are lyeing and trying to disappoint wich i believe would'nt be a good thing nor benifit, i don't believe that is the case. I think they actually believe they gave good estimation but surprises may have come, any reasonable person can understand that and not try to make them pay wich is silly.. S|C have a right to look at their work and give estimation of completion, If one estimation is wrong they have a right to give another, there is nothing unethical or immoral about that no matter how you try to twist it. Can you prove Sonic Core is intentionally lyeing and deceiving? It's only been 6 monhs since december estimation i don't believe that is even long enough to be irritated but certainly no true wrong done... We'll need to agree to disagree. but excessive complaints have no justification, even if a company has done wrong complaining excessively on a forum is not healthy, leaving that company alone would be the better answer. Nice try at twisting things but your falsely portraying Sonic Core as having done wrong, and the point remains that excessive complaining has no justification.

There is a old joke that goes: when a patient went to a doctor and put his arm behind his back and said "doctor it hurts when i do this", the doctor said "well don't do that".

Likewise if it bothers someone about Sonic Core's predictions then stop asking for them, reading about them, or leave.

PS. i don't like to argue and this will be my last post on this matter for awhile. We can agree to disagree. I mean no harm to you mpodrug, and best wishes. I'm finished.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:13 am, edited 15 times in total.