Scope 5: keyfile.v5 missing Flexor 3 reg

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

johndunn

Scope 5: keyfile.v5 missing Flexor 3 reg

Post by johndunn »

It turns out there is no reg key for Flexor v3. Instead, there is one for Flexor v2, which wasn't even in the 4.5 Scope.rgy file I sent in. Does Scope 5 not support Flexor v3, or was this just a mistake and I need to resend my v4.5 Scope.rgy file?

(Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I couldn't find it and my computer has been down for the past 3 weeks, so I just now have been able to explore Scope v5.)
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
garyb

Re: Scope 5: keyfile.v5 missing Flexor 3 reg

Post by garyb »

i'd ask Ralf.
i'd think it was a mistake.
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

OK, I found the problem. The module files on Scope v4.5 and below were in a directory called:
"Scope\Modular2 Modules"
...but in Scope v5 it's called:
"Scope\Modular Modules"
...so if you use the Flexor3 installer, it creates the "Modular2 Modules" subdirectory to place its modules, and the "-=Flexor=-" menu in the modular frame menu never shows up. To compound the confusion, the keyfile.v5 entry is named "Flexor2" whereas the original Scope.rgy file entry is named "Flexor III." However once I manually moved the "-=Flexor=-" directory group over to "Modular Modules" and then deleted the now empty "Modular2 Modules" directory, Flexor 3 showed up in the modular shell menu, and the modules load and work fine. Problem solved.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)