SFP5 - New features, fixes, bugs?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

irrelevance

Re: SFP5 - New features, fixes, bugs?

Post by irrelevance »

This is just to show how to "fix" the black bar thing.
Attachments
Scope 5 graphics anomaly fix.JPG
Scope 5 graphics anomaly fix.JPG (222.21 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:FS1R...............Yeah Baby.. :o

Nice mixer project.
The P I/O's on the SpaceF mixers are so crucial.
It's such a simple addition but so well conceived it really makes a HUGE difference to routing window handling. I have a bc2000 setup to midi switch the views on and off plus control all fader pots and pans love spacef mixers!! In fact this project with two fp's is my attempt at complete mix solution within scope no way would I have attempted this without the fp's would have caused such a headache. Sharcs dsp light range is superb also and yes I have often thought a P i'o would be the icing on the cake :)

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: Did I see the DAS Subwoofer Filter or is that a custom module as well?
Man you've certainly got your scope goggles on! Jimmy you've been staring long and hard at scope projects for so long you see beyond the material surface kinda like The Matrix vision. lol
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: Could you explain how you hook up the FS1R using the External Module, I have always used my ADAT Source module. I would rather keep that for mic pres in an upcoming project and try the method you are using.
Well it wont free up any i/o unfortunately. The hardware (not all some is via mackie although I could probably go direct if I had the cables) is coming in from the a16 (adat) into sharcs mixerIt's purely for tidying up workflow. I have just renamed the source and destination modules so I know what goes where. The adat i/o is then just connected to the source/dest modules rather than direct. Like all scope i/o you can only have one connection per source/dest so you can't share the adat i/o this way. You can still of course parallel the outputs as any other device. You've got me thinking now, what would really be nice would be a source/dest with unlimited i/o connections and audio switching capability. Maybe this can already be done with some of shane's audio switches and source/dest rewiring?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I get the black stripe also, and can get rid of it by drawing the mouse over it.

It seems to show up at the bottom edge of the window - then if you scroll down to see the rest of the overall environment, this stripe is there.
I REALLY notice it on multiple screens.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
valis

Post by valis »

Someone should verify this on Win7-32 & Vista-32 if possible. Both have a lot of 'under the hood' UI changes versus Xp32 era GDI+...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Irrelevance..

That's why I like it when members take the extra few seconds to post jpeg's.
I always see other options I was unaware of, or new tidy up tricks, which we both already use.
I see the Mono Source modules work the same way that the AES/EBU worked for when using external hardware effects. No Biggie, but when I start having other people use my projects and I buy another XITE-1 and start expanding, little tricks like this will help out whovever I sub the work to.
I just started using XITE-1 live and I can see what a great live mixer for a show this will be.
With the STM2448, I can load all 6 AUX's and have 16 channels packed with effects per channel without breaking a sweat on the DSP meter.
I do love to use my SpaceF mixer for my keyboards as I am so use to the excessive real time MIDI control, but for a basic show that is the exact same everynight ( yawn..yawn...Vegas ), the basic Meat & Potatoes mixer and effects is more than adequate.
This rack could actually catch on like wildfire....if that happens, the production company I work for would make me a consultant and because of the large amount on money saved I could see a decent salary....
Oh well it's just a dream so far, but so was having my entire old hardware touring rig being being redone in a 16U rack !!!
I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, including a few large production companies as enemies.... :lol:
I already showed my partners what the XITE-1 could do, and had a well known FOH give his nod, so once we set this up next to these excessive 64 channel Midas boards, I am confident the Entertainment Directors won't hear the difference, but they will certainly see the $$$ signs and choose wisely.
It's the future IMHO..
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Everything except your sample requirements I guess :cry: Unless the STS series is getting a revamp 8)
Rebu

Post by Rebu »

Hi,

Not a big problem and shure not a bug but i think that SC-Gate and SC-Compressor meters respond is too slow and need a little fix
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

No routing wires in Modular 2 and 3 - show/hide routing button does nothing :-?
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

no mono version of sl9000, and the gate doesnt work.
fidox

Post by fidox »

strav100 wrote:No routing wires in Modular 2 and 3 - show/hide routing button does nothing
yes, here too, but if you made your own connection cable is shown,

flexor works fine , you can see all the cables :D
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Clock2click gives an exception "function call stack limit 1000 exceeded" Actually VDAT does this when I try and load a tape I wanted to try VDAT anyway but knew it came with probs.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I get the same messages and tried just loading a 16 channel version into a project and storing it in hopes of being able to create a Tape once it was stored in a project, instead of dragging it from the tabs....................Nodda.
I mourn weekly as my emails have no mention of a fix yet. I am sure they are feverishly trying to get VDAT to work as it the sweetest sounding way of pristine playback in a project window.
With the simple metronome and clock to click, I can play along with seques and SFX I record to enhance my Solo spots where I go it alone.
You cannot tell the difference between it and a live synth. Cubase and Reaper sound recorded, I wish I had the scientific mathematical way to explain things, but my ears, and the smile on my face when I hear it, are all the proof I need.
In all honesty, Cubase & Reaper can sound as good, but only because it would be a MIDI track triggering a Scope synth.............ankyu.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

???????
I only wanted to shut down the computer but hit sleep instead - then this happened ?? :o :roll: :lol:

BTW that's in switzerland....
Attachments
scopefuckup.jpg
scopefuckup.jpg (35.08 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I get the same messages and tried just loading a 16 channel version into a project and storing it in hopes of being able to create a Tape once it was stored in a project, instead of dragging it from the tabs....................Nodda.
I mourn weekly as my emails have no mention of a fix yet. I am sure they are feverishly trying to get VDAT to work as it the sweetest sounding way of pristine playback in a project window.
With the simple metronome and clock to click, I can play along with seques and SFX I record to enhance my Solo spots where I go it alone.
You cannot tell the difference between it and a live synth. Cubase and Reaper sound recorded, I wish I had the scientific mathematical way to explain things, but my ears, and the smile on my face when I hear it, are all the proof I need.
In all honesty, Cubase & Reaper can sound as good, but only because it would be a MIDI track triggering a Scope synth.............ankyu.
So can you confirm this behaviour with clock2click then JV or anyone else?
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

I would think after this release the next will be the final one and at least most bugs will be fixed in that one. From the beginning Holger's release post said VDAT wasn't working, so they do know about it. I doubt they'd keep putting out little fixes, if so there'd have been a new release by now, it makes sense they are trying to fix everything and do a full V5 release then. However, we are all waiting for it, even though this is a good update still.
hollo321

Post by hollo321 »

not sure if this has been mentioned but in modular whenever i load multifx insert module the registration screen popsup, i send allkeys file and works but repeatedly occurs every time i load multifx.
Pete

Re: SFP5 - New features, fixes, bugs? SC-Ambience bug?

Post by Pete »

I like to use the SC-Ambience reverb with the samplers, but it goes wrong after awhile.

It starts out good, then after playing for awhile, it gets jittery-sounding, like bad aliasing. It sounds kind of like bad loops in the samples, but the reverb's doing it.

I've only used the stereo version of it so far.
moxi

Post by moxi »

SFP5 - New features, fixes, bugs?
it seems that one post is suffisant to talk about new features and fixes, and 9 pages of posts for bugs... :-? ...

i'm glad not to payed them to be considered as beta-tester!

maybe SC want to convince us our old gear is out-of-age, to make us buy the new Xite gear..
does all of that happen on the Xite too?

SFP 4.0 is not so bad, finally.. does I have to pay S|C if I retro-update to Elektra software? :wink:
bosone

Post by bosone »

an "undo" function in SFP5 would be very appreciated...
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

I don't think an undo function makes sense, the program doesn't work like that, it's built to work like hardware, if you turn a knob on a hardware device and don't like the sound you have to just put it back where it was :D