My MoBo died, advice on new setup for 3 Pulsar card setup

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

menno

My MoBo died, advice on new setup for 3 Pulsar card setup

Post by menno »

My 4 year old motherboard went RIP last week. Can anyone advice the best setup I can go for next?

In particular are there any recent ones that have proven to work with three Sonic Core cards. I have two Pulsar IIs, and one Pulsar I.

I'm not up on the latest tech, so advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Menno
siriusbliss

Re: My MoBo died, advice on new setup for 3 Pulsar card setup

Post by siriusbliss »

menno wrote:My 4 year old motherboard went RIP last week. Can anyone advice the best setup I can go for next?

In particular are there any recent ones that have proven to work with three Sonic Core cards. I have two Pulsar IIs, and one Pulsar I.

I'm not up on the latest tech, so advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Menno
see my signature. It's an older motherboard, but has been very good performanc, rock solid, and has 3 PCI slots.
Obviously someone else (like GaryB or whoever) will be current on what's available now.

Main assumption may be to stick with the Intel boards. Chipsets seem be very Scope-friendly.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Greg is giving you sound advice. I would go Intel all the way...motherboard, processor, and even RAM!

:wink:
Joel
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

If you want to go for a more modern board, I've been using the DFI LP LT X48-T2R Motherboard with no problems at all. Rock solid and easy to set up. I overclock from 2.7 GHz to 3.2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813136049

...and if you want to go for the very latest, you could try the ASRock X58 which supports LGA 1366, Core i7. I have not used it, but it's the one I'm most likely to upgrade to if I stick with the 3 card setup instead of getting an Xite.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157150
emphazer

Post by emphazer »

johndunn wrote:If you want to go for a more modern board, I've been using the DFI LP LT X48-T2R Motherboard with no problems at all. Rock solid and easy to set up. I overclock from 2.7 GHz to 3.2.

easy??????
i have the same board and its definetly not easy to setup.
never got it over 3,2ghz with my q9450 and never over 1056mhz ram. :D

dunno why it dont want to work with my 1150mhz ram