Majestic by Atze

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Majestic by Atze

Post by petal »

I just downloaded and tried out the wonderful new additive synthesis synth Atze by roy thinnes (and others)

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27387

and fell in love with the preset PulsePad and thought to myself, this beast has great ambient potential...

I modified the PulsePad preset a bit and added a few voices, 8 in total for the grand finale, and created this small ambient piece in honor of this great new synth, Atze.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Cheers!
Thomas :)
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

roy thinnes

Re: Majestic by Atze

Post by roy thinnes »

oh la la! great film score! fantastic!
its fun making synths if someone uses it that way.
but why "by roy thinnes (and others)"? it was just me, myself and I
braincell

Post by braincell »

It's good. I like ambient music. The organ is nice too. I'm not a big organ fan. This sounds like a synthesizer to me.
petal

Post by petal »

roy thinnes wrote:but why "by roy thinnes (and others)"? it was just me, myself and I
Yes I realize it was mostly your work, but:
roy thinnes wrote: ..and hey, I forgot to thank some people: Shroomz (MidiPrgmChange a.o.), zangsta (early beta testing), and, last not least: Kamil (for his everlasting Modular ideas - without some ModularSynth knowledge I wouldn't be able to develop Scope devices).
:)
These were "the others" I were referring to, I was not trying to remove the praise from you :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Real nice Brotha' Man Thomas...............
That's a sizzly Bastard 'eh?
The Additive VST's I heard could not play a nice straight tone in the upper registers like that without having an offense character to them.
This demo shows FAT up and down the keyboard really well.......
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Great piece! Nice resonance and filters in the upper registers.

I can't wait to check this out myself.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

changed my sig for this one :)
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Nice, meditative, piece. I was almost into theta waves when it ended...I wouldn't mind hearing a longer version, or a group of like pieces. Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for giving such a nice demo of what the Atze can do in this context. Definitely goes into my zen music playlist.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

For Sure! Nice one...new age smoothies all the way!
johndunn wrote:Nice, meditative, piece. I was almost into theta waves when it ended...I wouldn't mind hearing a longer version, or a group of like pieces. Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for giving such a nice demo of what the Atze can do in this context. Definitely goes into my zen music playlist.
Joel
petal

Post by petal »

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it is much appreciated :)
johndunn wrote:I wouldn't mind hearing a longer version, or a group of like pieces.
I have a tendency to produce stuff like this and I've also posted a few "like pieces" here a few years back created with Vectron:

Beau: http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... hilit=beau
Beausibling: http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... hilit=beau

The files are not there anymore, but if you are interested you can get them here:

Beau: http://www.skydebanen.net/~jeppesen/LAB/beau.mp3
Beausibling: http://www.skydebanen.net/~jeppesen/LAB/beausibling.mp3

Thomas :)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

netguyjoel wrote:For Sure! Nice one...new age smoothies all the way!
johndunn wrote:Nice, meditative, piece. I was almost into theta waves when it ended...I wouldn't mind hearing a longer version, or a group of like pieces. Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for giving such a nice demo of what the Atze can do in this context. Definitely goes into my zen music playlist.
Yeah, with all this rich resonance - if you pipe these pieces through some good speakers at high volume, they'll give you a good cleansing (like a new age 'smoothy') :lol:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Need some TP for your bunghole! :lol:
siriusbliss wrote:
netguyjoel wrote:For Sure! Nice one...new age smoothies all the way!
Yeah, with all this rich resonance - if you pipe these pieces through some good speakers at high volume, they'll give you a good cleansing (like a new age 'smoothy') :lol:

Greg
Joel
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

petal wrote:
roy thinnes wrote: ..and hey, I forgot to thank some people: Shroomz (MidiPrgmChange a.o.), zangsta (early beta testing), and, last not least: Kamil (for his everlasting Modular ideas - without some ModularSynth knowledge I wouldn't be able to develop Scope devices).
These were "the others" I were referring to, I was not trying to remove the praise from you :)
Nice demo petal. :)

Btw, just want to say that I didn't have anything to do with Roy's cool synthesizer. He just thanked me for telling him how to get the midi program changing of presets working, which leads me to remember that it was SpaceF who originally told me how to do it when I asked him a couple of years back. So, thanks SpaceF!! :D
hollo321

Post by hollo321 »

beUtiful arrangement and sounds petAL, wondering what reverb(s) did u use on this? thnks
petal

Post by petal »

thanks hollo.

I only used one MasterVerb Pro.

Maybe I used a bit too much of it though, listening to it again... :)
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

I just drifted away - superb soundscape.
When is the 20 minute version coming out?
petal

Post by petal »

I came to an insight a few years back about how to compose music, which I think has been proven here: always leave your audience wanting more. If you succeed at that, you've done something right :)