PlanetZ is getting slower?

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Is it just me, or is everyone experiencing this... It seems like PlanetZ server has slowed down quite a lot these days.. and sometimes having server errors here and there. I'm just wondering what's going on. Anyone have info?
garyb

Post by garyb »

seen it.disturbance in the flow..........
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Yes. The server which the Z is hosted on is also used by a developer who pounds the server occasionally... there is also increased traffic/users on the Z, as well.
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Yeah, the server on which we're hosted is running some pretty heavy processes lately -
Not sure how long they'll last. These processes are being run by the owner of the server, so we can't complain, especially when you consider the following facts:

Planetz traffic has been very busy lately! In the last 7 days, planetz has transferred an average 250mb/day (that's 1.7gb in the week!), serving over 33,000 page requests per day. 3,966 unique computers accessed planetz in the week. I'm hosting over 1.5gb of user files (forums devices, music files, etc).

We should really thank our service provider for not booting us outta here! :smile:
-John