Earth connection

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

alfonso

Post by alfonso »

hello, maybe it's a little o.t., but maybe i can get help.
a friend of mine suggested that i should connect all the lead (Pb) panels that i'm going to place in my home studio for acoustic insulation and also the aluminium part of the acoustic window and door to the earth plug, to avoid noise on my electric guitar etc.
what do you think?
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I think it will help.

lead? isnt that really expensive and poisonous stuff?
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's a good idea, and ditto that warning about toxicity.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

hey garyb, what does "ditto" mean? (english is not my language, as you have probably noticed...)
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

also, same as, just like...

Immanuel
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

thank you all!
it seems that those lead panels inside the other stuff should be safe. they meet official rules, and i shouldn't be in any physical contact with them. on the other side they seem to be very efficient in insulation.
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Are these lead panels pure lead, or more a kind of compound containing lead? If "pure" lead, you can connect them, but I doubt it will make a difference. If you cannot touch them, it is not required to connect them. On the other hand, if it is a compound, the conductivity will be to low to make it useful. I would also do it only if the earth connection is "clean", otherwise 2 seperate panels with a small difference in potential can be very efficient antennas.

They are very efficient for acoustics. Someone I met at a course uses a lead curtain 2cm thick, several square meters large to isolate the room with his organ from the rest of the house. Took longtime to find how to hang it without collapsing under its weight.