Info about the release of SCOPE XITE-1 and SCOPE 5

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

okantah

Re: Info about the release of SCOPE XITE-1 and SCOPE 5

Post by okantah »

Well said Jimmy V.
sometmes i fail to understand how people regulate their brain power,in the mid of 3rd world war of money & financial xplosion that despair most people to seek safety haven anywhere & yet there are those who think buying 1 xite is all that garanteed the going concern of SonicCore.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Ya'll seem to overlook the most important thing about our beloved platform. :-?

Does UAD, PoCo or anybody else have such a large cache of Brotha's who share and create plugs for free?..................NOT.

This wait has actually forced me into learning my app to such a degree that when they do finally release XITE-1, I will actually be ready and have earned the priveledge of ownership for once.

Python Pro, Morpheen, loads of Hummel synths, Roy Thinnes RevMod, Shroomz's unique stuff, that's just the last 2 weeks !!

Whenever I get free time I delve into Modular w/ Flexor III, SpaceF's unique collection of FX and Oscillators also. His Noise Oscillator and SMOS Wood combined w/ VIenna Symphonic Library Orchestral Strings turns my knees into water.

I have the most incredible sounding live rig ever made, when XITE-1 is released imagine 5.1 @ 96k LIVE ?????!!!!!

The Entertainment Director has informed me we can pretty much give him our schedule when we want to work. I have to say of course it's from my demanding of extreme rehersals and the high quality of sound and talent we have thrown together. But even at 4 x 15 DSP cards and zero external effects, it will pale at the sound of XITE-1. The other musicians who we will be sharing the stage with us will be beaten unmercifully. I actually pity them for not properly preparing for battle. As I learned in Japan years ago..........Business Is War. :wink:

I await with open arms and deep appreciation of XITE-1................simple as that.
Like i said...you can find pretty reasonable amount of nice things (just as bad ones)focusing on that delay and upcoming xite. I myself tend to stick whit what i promised to people. I learned that this can really upset situation(promise not delivered like promised) and i like to point out factual things. In this case this is that promise. This is not showstoper to me not at all. I am working in v4,5 but when i think about all that twice i have bad taste.

If something is learned from this then this is that i wont make any decision regarding any software ordering based on any type of announcement from any company. When product is ready, then it is ready - obviously. This way no company can make me feel bad. No any disrespect intended especially not to sonic core.
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

helldriver wrote: maybe the 4.5 is not compatible to multicore processors - i guess, someone any hints on that??
I'm using Scope 4.5 with a QuadCore since months and it works as it did previously on my P4 monoprocessor.
The only difference for me it's some problems with 9 ASIO channels output, but I thought it depends from the mainboard (DFI Infinity Dark),
'cause is just a PCI overflow whining... (just click on ok and it works again).
Generally I use 7 ASIO channels as starting point now.
emphazer

Post by emphazer »

i use 3 scope cards with SFP 4.5 and a quad core too
and i have no problems
Throttler

Post by Throttler »

oh, where are you xite-1...

p.s. how many pages do you think this thread will reach before xite is released?
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

yes... 10 pages :D
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

...at least!
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Lake Tahoe has learned the Bavarian/German way of celebrating. Every Friday is Oktoberfest.
Tonight I will be thinking of many of my Brethren from across the pond and of course Sonniccore.
I think it's an excuse to get rid of extra beer stock by serving it warm...............yecchh !!
Tonight we have comps at the Bavarian Inn where I shall definately enjoy the sausage platter w/ 8 different mustards, and the incredible Schnitzel.
Kensuguro's VCR Modular patch and Bosone's Alchemy 1.2.4. synth have helped ease the pain of no Solaris or XITE-1 for this week. Everyweek we have such gifts, does Arturia give away weak, free synths?
I hope Holger, Ralf and the boys had a well desrved Holiday.

We have 3 big holidays that would be perfect for it's release coming up.
Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Naturally I would prefer Halloween. I usually accompany my son as we fill pillow cases up w/ apples and candy bars, if XITE-1 is released he can go get his own candy..................he knows my sickness. :lol:
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Halloween isn't an American holiday per se -- it originally came from Europe. So doesn't anybody in Germany celebrate Halloween??? :D
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

stardust, xite will sound better than what we have right? does anyone has any audio clip?
doodyrh

Post by doodyrh »

Hello :)
Could somebody summarise this thread for me please.
Is it interesting?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

stardust wrote:
firubbi wrote:stardust, xite will sound better than what we have right? does anyone has any audio clip?
Hi firubbi, there are no sound samples available yet. And there is no evidence that there is a significant sound change.
Why do you wish a significant sound change as Scope plugs already sound good ? :D
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

IMO the only thing which will be very likely is that XITE-1 will handle 96kHz without any problems, in contrast to some devices and modules for the current scope cards (due to the limited size of the old individual DSP's)
Some users here reported that some synths (e.g. Minimax) sound clearly better @ 96kHz. I never ran scope higher than 44.1 kHz myself, because otherwise I can't create a decent project and will run out of DSP power too quickly.
So the XITE still will be about 5 times as powerful @ 96k compared to one 14/15 DSP card @ 44.1k, so if you see it that way, the XITE can sound "better" (96k) than the current cards, which have some restrictions at that samplerate. ;)

of course this is only an issue for the ones who would rather use 96kHz... :)

edit: but at 44.1 kHz, I expect that the XITE-1 sounding the same as the current cards. If the algorithm hasn't been changed in Platform 5, but then the old Creamware cards will benefit from the better V5 algorithm too.

The only option is waiting some more, before we can find out....
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I've got good news about the release of SFP 5!

I sent an email to Sonic Core about a week ago asking for an update on the release of SFP5. They haven't responded back yet which means they must be working feverishly on the product. I just thought you'd all like to know that. :D
MayN

Post by MayN »

I too have a super-news...
I do not have news!!!!
You agree?, it cool news? :D
arela

Post by arela »

Marked getting tougher day by day.
Steinberg/Yamaha have 2 new dsp interfaces. No synths of course, but.....
http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=221&L=1
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

arela wrote:Marked getting tougher day by day.
Steinberg/Yamaha have 2 new dsp interfaces. No synths of course, but.....
Hardly impressive:

"DSP Power for Cubase: VST3 onboard DSP-powered FX with eight Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strips with compressor and EQ and one REV-X reverb: also available within Cubase during mixing"
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

That's funny, because up to a little while ago the base policy of Steinberg was the native enviroment!
Now they follow the (market) trend of DSP solutions... :roll:
I really don't understand why i.e. Steinberg chooses to create a brand new DSP system instead whether to associate to a powerful system as Scope.
Both are german and both are one of the best choices of their sector.
I hate these illogical market law :x

So, now, we have a plethora of software houses and DSP producer with a almost infinite offer of solutions... but none complete, as could be, for example, the professionality of nuendo associated with the extreme power of Xite or Scope!!!
You can imagine the Scope mixer integrated into Nuendo? Or a sort of free routing into Nuendo (as XTC) like in Scope OS? Or Nuendo that communicat with Scope directly without the delay of ASIO drivers?! :o

Pro Tools (and his high prices ad exclusive policy) could retire forever :D

bah!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Psst, maybe they worked together with InDSP. :wink:
And Use audio is distributed in France by Steinberg France ...
Frank Hund mentionned they worked for other companies... and we saw more and more sharc-DSP based system (maybe they contributed to one of theese).

A first hint would be the use of Analog Devices Sharc type of DSP:
- FocusRite (21365)
- SSL (21365)
- Universal Audio (21369)
- Arturia (TigerSharc)
- Use Audio (21365)

One can wonder what type of DSP is used in new Motu and Steinberg Products ... (if somebody dare to open the box).

Only DSP based solution sticking to Freescale DSP are now Access, Clavia, Novation and Protools...
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

arela wrote:Steinberg/Yamaha have 2 new dsp interfaces. No synths of course, but.....
but... firewire. And Steinberg.

Let the games begin.:P

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”