STEVIE B:THE KING OF FREESTYLEMUSIC
Please support this Great Artist
"Stevie B. ft Pitbull- Spring Love 2010" on
http://itunes.apple.com/de/album/spring ... d385857932
I hope you like it.More infos on www.stevieb-ist-kult.de
firubbi

Re: Info about the release of SCOPE XITE-1 and SCOPE 5

Post by firubbi »

so october is the lucky month :) also my birthday... ya i'll born again with xite-1 :P
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

I have no idea and not contact with SC, but I wish their production don´t be affected by the world financial earthquake. If they need credit, could be fucked.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I suspect foul play. Someone better get over there and check on those guys. :lol:
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

krizrox wrote:I suspect foul play. Someone better get over there and check on those guys. :lol:
I'm sure the competition was very worried when they heard of the new SCOPE system and some may have tried a attack, but XITE-1 is such a powerful weapon i'm sure SonicCore has no problems defending themselves.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I'm just waiting for the release so i can get rid of this rubbish PC that's just about to explode, and get me a new setup.. I just missed a deadline today on a online game deploy, and feel like crap, so they must feel pretty horrible too. Sympathies to SC whatever it is that's holding them back. If it's a tech issue, it's actually good news, if it's financial, or some other external reason, the team must be very stressed to have to hold it back!
dante

Post by dante »

Best way is not to worry about XITE-1 release. I check in every month or so to see whats happening. I got all my gear before mortgage, but future proofed my system to a point where I can still upgrade it and squeeze better music out of if just by refinement of technique and a few $$$.

I'm running a 4 year old P4 with 1/2 gig ram, WinXP and 9DSP (pulsar2+luna), Cubase SL and Reason.

In the last coupla years the only upgrades I could afford were :
1) Dual monitor ( 1 wide screen ) -
2) Midi controller ( Behringer BF2000 )
3) SCOPE 4 ( from SPF 3.1 )
4) Dynatube
5) Upgraded Reason to ver 4
6) Virus refill for Reason
7) Extra USB Hard Drives for project storage
8) A coupla freeby mastering plugins etc.

Bottom line is, my mixes / arrangements improve from year to year just by spending time on them. I do more refinement than experiment - I don't continually download new sounds or reason refills, but I tell you what - Reason 4 Combinator and Thor synths have done for synth sounds what Dynatube has done for my guitar tracks, and made my mixes blow. And I didn't need 10 x the DSP to get these improvements. Yeah, so if I want stereo dynatubes I have to load in a seperate project for guitar tracking cuz I dont have the DSP's to add those to the same project with mastering plugs - but so what ? It takes a cuppla mins a session.

Conclusion : I don't really need the XITE fantasy to get that feeling of 'going forward' - cuz I get this buzz from blowing people away with these incremental improvements that just take a bit of time and the willingness to keep revisiting and remixing old projects several times to squeeze every last ounce of musicality out of them. And a few $$$ a year to top up the gear lust factor ( eg I spent $200 for a wide flat screen just so I could see all channels of STM2448 mixer + the master section on the one screen ).

I'm actually amazed at how much I HAVEN'T needed to upgrade my PC in any major way in the last 5 years ( and who needs Vista ? ). Maybe I'll check in January to see if XITE is released, but meanwhile I will have produced a coupla more killeroony choons.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

you are right in a certain way. It just depends on your needs ... Bouncing is always possible too. when it come to get a mobile solution, then Xite is a must have to me. Additionnally, should you need more power (again, depending on your projects your cpu + few DSP can handle a professionnal project) and you will have to :
1) get hardware power (new cpu, more DSP) ;
2) software licences (and then you will have to chose between native and DSP ones ... that will have a great influence on your furure !)

As i can get very good results with the Scope synth + FX at a cheap price (compared to Waves and other big plugins) i just need to stick to that platform. If i was sure that a pci system will handle my project for 5 years i will have kept my scope boards... But I think it won't so Xite becomes intersting. Nevertheless, many people cannot work confortably with your system. Many need in/outs, power because the scope mixers are loaded with many plugins and/or additionnal synths... With all the sounds i can get with my scope licences (synth) i am not personnally ready to spend 300/500 € for a native synth. But you are right : we all have to focus our money and attention on what is really necessary to make good music... :wink:

And i could not live without 2 screens either :D
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

dante wrote:Best way is not to worry about XITE-1 release. I check in every month or so to see whats happening.
I check PlanetZ about several times a day!!! :P

No, I'm DESPERATE for Xite to be released...our new Mac Pro (which is fabulous) has no audio communication with any of the rest of our equipment because we were planning to buy Xite in July. :x Needless to say, we're still using the built-in line out jack.

I don't know how long I can wait until I go out and buy an RME card, which I really DO NOT want to do!

It's October now...hopefully XITE is around the corner!!
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
stebzilla

Post by stebzilla »

:roll:
burdello

Post by burdello »

ok, it's october...
ok, Still no SFP 5.
ok, I'll go to the Oktober Fest to forget :lol:
maybe I'll find some SC programmers there :P
helldriver

Post by helldriver »

I´m also waiting for scope5.
it seems that there are more problems with scope5 as they anticipated. perhaps they have to rewrite to whole soft only to be compatible with centrino3 (quadcore/hyperthreading).
but to be honest they really could tell us whats wrong and why we have to wait that long.

as for me i´m really waiting for scope 5 because scope4.5 always freezes when using with my centrino2 duocore and a magma. in the beginning it´s really working nice till all of a sudden a freeze appears - strange. maybe the 4.5 is not compatible to multicore processors - i guess, someone any hints on that??
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

helldriver wrote:perhaps they have to rewrite to whole soft only to be compatible with centrino3 (quadcore/hyperthreading).
they say it's a complete rewrite, but there is surely more than one reason for that.
maybe the 4.5 is not compatible to multicore processors - i guess, someone any hints on that??
you could try if this is your specific problem by limiting the system to 1 cpu with the boot.ini entry.

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
helldriver

Post by helldriver »

kylie wrote: you could try if this is your specific problem by limiting the system to 1 cpu with the boot.ini entry.
how does it work exactly, maybe i should give it a try
thx
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

helldriver wrote:
kylie wrote: you could try if this is your specific problem by limiting the system to 1 cpu with the boot.ini entry.
how does it work exactly, maybe i should give it a try
thx
see here

-greetings, markus-
--
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

stardust wrote:Well tomorrow is a public holiday in germany.
So the perfect time o finalize a project over the long weekend. :)
it would have been a perfect day to install scope5 and test it, also. :( (I somehow had the hope it would be like that)
--
maky325

Post by maky325 »

One can say whatever but i am really starting to feel bad (cheated a little). At that time i really ordered v4.5 upgrade because of v5 announcement, free update and promised driver upgrades. I really did only because of that. It looked like a nice deal.

As promised to be "released very soon" now it turned to be very close to one year time. Yes we had official response before and you can talk all that things "we are working in interests of our customers" but i am starting to feel cheated when i remember why i ordered that upgrade at that time (11.month of 2007) and think about "very soon" when almost one year passed. You can talk bad things about this reply, you can really find a lot of reasonable things about delay as you can find a lot of not so reasonable things if you look at it...

The fact remain...Wheel of negativity would not exist in user eye if soniccore announced this better. "They did not know" really does not interest me as i am listening this excuse whole my life. I have bad english and i can hardly describe what i think so take my honest apology for bad typing..
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Hm, I can only imagine that the financial crises also will have implications on the market for the new Xite-1. How big WAS the market when the conceptual design of X1 was conceived, and how large is it now? Few existing Scope users are able to pay 2698,- EUR excl. VAT (Introductory Price) for the next generation sound card - most likely the potential buyers must be "recruited from other brands ..."

Neb
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Arutria Origin: almost 2 years out after the launch! :o
(that sounds like a toy compared to S|C boards...)
So Xite is not so late :wink:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ya'll seem to overlook the most important thing about our beloved platform. :-?

Does UAD, PoCo or anybody else have such a large cache of Brotha's who share and create plugs for free?..................NOT.

This wait has actually forced me into learning my app to such a degree that when they do finally release XITE-1, I will actually be ready and have earned the priveledge of ownership for once.

Python Pro, Morpheen, loads of Hummel synths, Roy Thinnes RevMod, Shroomz's unique stuff, that's just the last 2 weeks !!

Whenever I get free time I delve into Modular w/ Flexor III, SpaceF's unique collection of FX and Oscillators also. His Noise Oscillator and SMOS Wood combined w/ VIenna Symphonic Library Orchestral Strings turns my knees into water.

I have the most incredible sounding live rig ever made, when XITE-1 is released imagine 5.1 @ 96k LIVE ?????!!!!!

The Entertainment Director has informed me we can pretty much give him our schedule when we want to work. I have to say of course it's from my demanding of extreme rehersals and the high quality of sound and talent we have thrown together. But even at 4 x 15 DSP cards and zero external effects, it will pale at the sound of XITE-1. The other musicians who we will be sharing the stage with us will be beaten unmercifully. I actually pity them for not properly preparing for battle. As I learned in Japan years ago..........Business Is War. :wink:

I await with open arms and deep appreciation of XITE-1................simple as that.