Something not right ?? Or time for more DSP s??

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

broken_halo

Something not right ?? Or time for more DSP s??

Post by broken_halo »

Well , I have been having a continual problem with random shutdown , I know we all get them and usually I can find the solution to the problem but this time Im absolutely confused. Im using Sonar 7 producer edition which I am also having issues with (in a sec) but usually when I am running a track usually a full mix (for me thats roughly 7 bus mixes and about 4 more running tracks) the total amount of tracks is roughly 24 - 30 at the most I would say. But I get random constant restarts with no blue screen. Im wondering if it is ram , but I tested it and it did'nt seem to be the problem. I did notice a USB driver root having the same IRQ as my Scope (AHHH its a project by the way , 6 dsps) Dsp load is ok because most of the processing is coming from the comp when im in sonar. So really the thing Im asking is , wha could be causing random shutdowns , does it have anything to do with scope?

Also , sonar 7 is being an absolute pain lately. Has anyone else got the HR(something somthing) Unexpected Error , then you can't open your file unless it is in safe mode , and then all your effects are turned off. Its really burning me up so if someone has some input on that , that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Neil - The Little Studio

Asus P5-K
Zalman cooling
Pentium Core Duo 2.6 GHZ
4 Gig ddr2 ram
windows prof
scope creamware project
scope ultra a 16 adat
soundcraft mixer
Event monitors
gigabyte - radeon 2600 HD video card (fanless card)
-------------------------------------------------
garyb

Re: Something not right ?? Or time for more DSP s??

Post by garyb »

well, there's something wrong for sure....

try disabling that usb controller in the device manager(or you can try moving the card to another slot). see if that helps. the fact that Sonor is doing some bad stuff on it's own, makes me suspicious of the whole system(possible corrupt files or bad hardware).
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

After turning off the USB that is sharing the IRQ, try checking your power supply, or even put a small fan inside the case and see if there may be an overheating issue.

At least take the cover off the case, and let air flow over it to see if that makes any difference.

My suspicion is heat, and/or a power supply that is underpowered?

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
garyb

Post by garyb »

power supply, very good guess!
arela

Post by arela »

I think the Asus P5-K is the problem.
I had this random restarts after 5 min. to 2 hours. No message, bluescreen or log.
broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

Psu has just been changed out , i believe its a 500 watt antec. I have heard bad things to bout the p5k , not too sure what to go to. For the time im stuck with it anyways. As far as the usb goes , I deleted the root , then it just reloaded it on the next restart....confusin
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, just disable it in the device manager.

the usb controller that is sharing has a name, like 2DEY7 or similar. go to the device manager, open the USB tree and find the controller with the proper name. right click on it and choose "disable"(or highlight it and choose "disable" in the menu above) and then when it asks if you are sure, choose "yes".

by the way, a genuine intel motherboard that WILL work is less than $150. this is a very small amount of money to find happiness(if nothing else solves the problem)...
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

garyb wrote:no, just disable it in the device manager.

the usb controller that is sharing has a name, like 2DEY7 or similar. go to the device manager, open the USB tree and find the controller with the proper name. right click on it and choose "disable"(or highlight it and choose "disable" in the menu above) and then when it asks if you are sure, choose "yes".

by the way, a genuine intel motherboard that WILL work is less than $150. this is a very small amount of money to find happiness(if nothing else solves the problem)...
My inhel motherboard is working splendidly. :)

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3